Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

Graydon

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I post in these forums about this all time. I hit the official SWTOR twitter with a request about this everyday, and I don't even get a response. BW does NOT listen to their community. This is something that would make customers happy and put money in their pockets, but yet they still drag their feet.

2nd month into 2013.

Really curious what's the hold up?

Status?

The Emperor does not share your optimistic appraisal of the situation...well that's what Vader told me and he's coming to kick some tails into gear.

Edited by Graydon

Another bump. I actually went out and got a pre-paid credit card today just to transfer two characters from The Ebon Hawk to Shadowlands.... hmmm. Previously I had left for several months because I got tired of waiting for a transfer service (paid). When I came back they had transferred my toons in consolidation moves. While this was free, it still didn't put my best toons on the same server. I re-subbed before Christmas hoping that Bioware had implemented many new features I would enjoy ALONG WITH PAID TRANSFERS! Nope... Getting seriously tired of waiting and thinking of dumping the game for a few more months maybe even for good. Paid character transfers should have been implemented a long time ago.

'nuff said

Another one of those features I seriously need them to implement sooner then later...I moved servers recently since most of my friends no longer play the game anymore...would love to bring my 50s over so I don't have to llevel up every single class again on the new server...

GREAT IDEA MAN!

Spend time and effort into getting server populations to good levels and while that's going on give the players the ability to leave said servers to reduce it or spread out to dead servers for them to start complaining all over again that they're on dead servers before a decision is made about the servers players are currently transferring off of.

AWESOME!

I haven't played my Vanguard since I finished his story at 48. He's the only character I have sitting on that particular server. I would like to have him on the same server as all of my other characters. How will the absence of my absence adversely affect that server's population?

I haven't played my Vanguard since I finished his story at 48. He's the only character I have sitting on that particular server. I would like to have him on the same server as all of my other characters. How will the absence of my absence adversely affect that server's population?

I know right, I have 50's that I do not use on Jedi covenant. If I move them to the Shadowlands, I would probably affect the number of toons that are on the server. At the same time, i rarely log in with them, so I am not contributing to Jedi Covenant and their population in any way.

I'm also getting tired of waiting for it. I guess they don't want my business.....

Does anyone else want my $15 a month? Apparently EAWare doesn't.

They want your money, but they probably saved a bunch when they fired many of the original coders. Who probably could have sped this process up a considerable amount.

There was something mentioned in one of the interviews that Character Transfers would be tied to the ability to use the Character Copy service to the PTS. And since the Character Copy service is said to be available when they open the PTS for 1.7 that should mean that a Character Transfer service should be coming in the near future. And by near future I would guess sometime this year, probably in the Summer/Fall timeframe. Edited by Lusidious

Just adding my name to the pile here. This service is badly needed to mitigate player frustration over having characters spread all over the place and not being able to take full advantage of Legacy. I said this is another thread, but will repeat here: if you're going to add something as awesome as Legacy, but do it post-launch and make it server-restricted, you've got to allow people to consolidate their characters if they want after the fact.

If this had been a feature at launch, then choosing to roll on multiple servers was your own call and you should deal with it. But Legacy wasn't there at launch, nor were there any warnings that maybe rolling your characters on more than one server would be a move that could be severely limiting later on. C'mon BW, do the right thing here. There are so few servers now that imbalance can't be too high of a concern...there are only so many places you can go!