What is the least played Empire Class?

bheta

I'm always curious why there are so few powertechs, it's on of the best/strongest class especially in PVP but in PVE also, with lots of instant abbilities, easiet to lvl due to first healing companion.

Because 1 Blasterpistol is pretty underwhelming in terms of coolness.

Oh, and Powertechs are getting mocked all the time, ingame or in this forum for being a noobclass, easy to play in PvE and roflstomp in PvP. Nobody wants to get insulted just because he plays a class others consider a noobclass.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to check /who on fleet often simply for curiosity sakes.

I nearly always find the following trend (on my Imp main):

Powertech ... least played

Operative ... second least played

Sniper ... 3rd least played

Also some people saying sorcs are least played are trolling hardcore ... HARDCORE! They are nearly the only healer top raiders take with them. They are a dime a dozen.

Edited by Tamanous

I'm always curious why there are so few powertechs, it's on of the best/strongest class especially in PVP but in PVE also, with lots of instant abbilities, easiet to lvl due to first healing companion.

1. They don't use a lightsaber and/or spew force lightning.

2. Their single tiny pistol is a visual turn-off.

3. No stealth (nor any escape tools).

4. The amazing PVP/PvE class blahblahblah you've been hearing about is just one of their trees, the Pyrotech one, which is incredibly boring to play. The other dps tree, Advanced Prototype, is okey-ish but much harder to play effectively and less effective than the much easier Pyrotech, and finally the tanking tree, Shieldtech, is just terrible in PvP.

Edited by LordExozone

4. The amazing PVP/PvE class blahblahblah you've been hearing about is just one of their trees, the Pyrotech one, which is incredibly boring to play. The other dps tree, Advanced Prototype, is okey-ish but much harder to play effectively and less effective than the much easier Pyrotech, and finally the tanking tree, Shieldtech, is just terrible in PvP.

PvP Shieldtechs actually do quite a bit.... For their team, at least. They can take a ton of hits before dying, can Guard (Which effectively DOUBLES someone's hp, which is pretty significant) and possess a lot of control and team-wide damage mitigation, and can stick to targets fairly effectively.

Heck, as long as you don't get CC locked you can even 1v1 a lot people as well, since you still keep pretty respectable PvP DPS in addition to your tankiness.

But no, mostly it's just how easy it is for you to keep someone alive. Tanking in PvP is an unsung hero. Like healing, it increases effective health of a person. And on top of that, it also increases the effectiveness of further healing since your guarded targets lifebar goes twice as far. Seriously, I cannot stress enough how effective this is. I've been able to just stick to a friendly Sorcerer, and the two of us have just wrecked people. Throw a healer in the backlines and things just get scary.

Also, due to how rare it is to see tanks in PvP compared with other things, you have this nice side effect of people trying to kill you as opposed to your squishier teammates, which often makes things go nicely in your teams favor, because, surprise, tanks take FOREVER to kill!

EDIT: Tanking also gives some pretty easy medals in WZ's as well. Simply mitigate 10k damage in a single life and watch 3 free medals pop up. You also get kill medals pretty easily as well, since some of your damage mitigation (Flame Sweep with Combust, for example) do damage, sometimes in AoE, and most of your control does as well. And you'll be in the thick of things almost constantly with plenty of opportunity to hit stuff.

Edited by Slifar

So i want to know, what is the lease (sic) played empire class. Thank you for your time

Depends on what context the question is asked. In pvp warzones, it is clearly Merc. Merc healers are the least common of the three healer types and I literally have not seen a Merc dps in warzones in three weeks, other than my own toon. On the other hand in pve, things are rather more balanced. Perhaps Mercs and Operatives are the least common, but it wouldn't be by a large margin.

Well I think PvP versus PvE is a huge difference. The classes that excel in those areas generally are in higher number. While you don't see many snipers and mercs in PvP, you see more than ample supply in PvE. In most MMOs the range have an easier time wtih PvE boss mechanics and therefore thrive. In PvP, the opposite is true in you see a lot more Warrior DPS and the ranged are in a shorter supply. Especially classes like Sniper and Merc have the catch 22 of needing to try to create range from melee dps, but at the same time are rather immobile. Edited by Mrog

I know this is Empire topic, but would you think that their mirror class is also the same for Republic ? Vanguard, Scoundrel and Gunslinger being the least played ?

Vanguard and Scoundrel certainly. I've been the only Scoundrel around on planets with 50+ players on quite regularly, and Vanguards are probably rarer. On the other hand, there seem to be a lot of Gunslingers and Commandos. I think Jedi Shadows are probably rarer than either.

Vanguard and Scoundrel certainly. I've been the only Scoundrel around on planets with 50+ players on quite regularly, and Vanguards are probably rarer. On the other hand, there seem to be a lot of Gunslingers and Commandos. I think Jedi Shadows are probably rarer than either.

On my server the most played class is scoundrel, directly followed by sentinel. next in line would be vanguard. those three share roughly 50% of the population.

Pretty much any class that doesn't have a glow bat is rarer. Probably the rarest I seen is commando, mercenary, snipers, and gunslingers. I see a lot of scoundrels or operatives, but almost all of them are healers. Excluding the healers the rarest I seen is probably a melee scoundrel or operative. The strange thing is I saw a lot of them when the game launched, but then they got nerfed.

To be clear I mostly pvp and rarely pve. Thus, most can probably agree that is what you least see in pvp. Although from what I read and what I expect in pve commandos, mercenary, snipers, and gunslingers have pretty good. However, the worst class and spec at moment has to be scoundrel and operative dps for both pvp and pve. Thus, I nominated the dps scoundrel and operative as the least played class/spec.

However, the worst class and spec at moment has to be scoundrel and operative dps for both pvp and pve. Thus, I nominated the dps scoundrel and operative as the least played class/spec.

:( damn BW why you ruined such a great class

Is it really that hard to look at the post count for the various class forums? It's probably the most accurate number you're going to get for class popularity without numbers directly from Bioware.

That said, as time goes on, most people I know eventually have most, if not all classes, so the concept of being a unique snowflake-class wise-is really quite pointless in today's modern MMO after the first week or so after release (I think I had the third level 50 Marauder on my original server, and for a few days, was asked a lot to PUG level 50 instances, as an example).

scoundrel/operative gets buffed extremely in 2.0. so have fun then :)

yeah they fixed some of the issues with cover and you actually get a proper gap closer, instead of trying to roll into a cover spot that's close to your target.

on another note with operative, i wish they set it up more like they did, on your legacy emote, dual weilding vibroknives, and get rid of the pistol completely.

on another note with operative, i wish they set it up more like they did, on your legacy emote, dual weilding vibroknives, and get rid of the pistol completely.

I would delete my operative if they removed the Rifle.