Need help inventing a guild name

Renok_

Short and succinct I take it, with meaning... how about 'Epoch'. It was the first word that came to mind when I read what you were looking for. It has a good sound, it is one word and I think the definition is relevant:

https://www.google.com/search?q=define+epoch&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Yay? Nay?

• 6 months later...
This might come across as mean but isn’t intended that way.

A guild name is its identity. It should be something that reflects the attitude of the guild and it should be something interesting. Frankly if you can’t come up with the name on your own I question your ability to run a good guild. It’s a lot of work and picking the name is only a small part of that.

Are you kidding me? Because people can't come up with a name you question their ability to run a good guild? When you start a guild, it doesn't have an identity yet, an identiy comes over time. If you start with four people you can't say oh hey we're gonna call ourselves [Xxxx], even though we haven't done anything together as a guild yet, with my preternatural insight I can already predict what the attitude of the guild should be.

This person is asking for good names for a guild, what the hell is wrong with you tearing him down before he even got started. Where do you get off passing judgement on his ability to lead?

Really? You don't know what kind of guild attitude you want? That's not good.

:eek: Oh dear me. Guild names are Serious Business to you. Not good, dear me, what will we do!

But, just out of curiosity, can you spell spontaneity? It goes something like, hey i want to form a guild, we'll see how it goes, now let's try to think of a good name. Simple. And it works. My guild, which has been around for a long time, is proof.

I knew exactly what sort of attitude I was going for and the name was the first step. The name appealed to the sort of people I wanted to attract and I carefully recruited based on that...[snip]

That's an approach that works for you. Not everyone needs it. Also, he asked for a name, not a lecture, and he already disagreed with your opinion, so the diatribe, really not necessary.

Edited by RevansSoul