Theory on the Emperor's Fate [SPOILERS]

Beniboybling

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darth_Wicked, why do you bother continuing? He is either a troll or severely lacking in the logical reasoning department. Not sure which, nor do I really care.

Trolling? Apparently a discussion in which two people disagree, one of them is trolling.

Emperor is gone until Bioware feels like bringing him back - is what all this means. And he will likely come back in a brand new body since his true body [NOT HIS VOICE, Bioware/Hall Hood obviously retconned this] was destroyed. Bioware is not above retroactive continuity. In fact they do it in every single game series they have.

My guess is since they decided to make Revan's death ambiguous he will return as the Emperor's vessel due to their link, and a planetary quest will involve him making the final sacrifice [whether he likes it or not] destroying the Emperor, appeasing the fans who want Revan to be the greatest thing ever and appeasing the fans who just want his story to finally be wrapped up.

Emperor is gone until Bioware feels like bringing him back - is what all this means. And he will likely come back in a brand new body since his true body [NOT HIS VOICE, Bioware/Hall Hood obviously retconned this] was destroyed. Bioware is not above retroactive continuity. In fact they do it in every single game series they have.

My guess is since they decided to make Revan's death ambiguous he will return as the Emperor's vessel due to their link, and a planetary quest will involve him making the final sacrifice [whether he likes it or not] destroying the Emperor, appeasing the fans who want Revan to be the greatest thing ever and appeasing the fans who just want his story to finally be wrapped up.

Hmmm, I normally disregard most theories as to Revan's return but I can't help think this might be a possibility.

Then again, Revan + Emperor? Seems a bit... out there. Perhaps Revan will return along with the Emperor in some sort of spiritual form or something, and I must admit the ending to Revan's story felt like something of an anti-climax.

Oh and thanks for your input!

Love the fact some people continue to insist on something they can't actually verify or prove... Makes this topic and / or debate truly worthwhile no doubt.

* sigh *

I'm going to take to the letter what SuperGrunt said and just assume that people are trolling; My POV concerning this topic will be the same as Beniboybling, when it comes to what the Emperor's Hand says in the game:

It NEVER happened and even if it did, they're lying. Ignore it altogether.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• 2 weeks later...

I, personally, extremely dislike this idea. Extremely. Revan has already come back to the light side once, overcoming the dark side. To have him possessed by the Emperor a second time would do nothing but sully his earlier actions, and ruin the hero that defeated Malak and was willing to sacrifice himself to save his son and his wife. To turn him back into the Emperor's pawn, to destroy all Revan once stood for, would be to destroy all he had become. He even said it in the Maelstrom Prison FP, "He wants me to become Darth Revan again." As in, it was a thing he feared happening. Something he would do anything to stop. Going a little crazy after 300 years of constant torture? I can understand, even feel sympathetic toward that. But if they're planning on making him the Emperor's pawn again–no. No, better that he died in the Foundry than that ever happen. If he is alive, I hope he helps the player in the final fight against the true Emperor (assuming there still is one) in a future Flashpoint (NOT an Operation, because not everyone does Ops, has time for Ops, or is well-geared enough for Ops, but anyone can do a FP), and maybe sacrifice himself to ensure the Emperor's death. That would be much better than sullying his reputation and making him a boss (again), and a puppet. Unless they have him redeemed after you fight him, and he comes to his senses and sacrifices himself to kill the Emperor. That, I wouldn't mind, but if they just have him go down possessed and you have no choice but to end his life....please, I beg of you, no.

My theory is that he was killed but his force is trapped in the temple, in future stories SW might go the temple to investigate it personally he might get possessed by the Emperor or told to find him a suitable body. Something like from Jedi Academy with the Marka Ragnos.

I'm just saying if I was the Emperor then I'd want every one to think I'm dead too and then come back more powerful than ever when everyone least expects it. I honestly don't think hes dead merely recovering.

If he is alive, I hope he helps the player in the final fight against the true Emperor (assuming there still is one) in a future Flashpoint (NOT an Operation, because not everyone does Ops, has time for Ops, or is well-geared enough for Ops, but anyone can do a FP), and maybe sacrifice himself to ensure the Emperor's death

I absolutely get your point but I am 100% positive and could bet any money that the final fight with the Emperor WILL be in an Ops

• 3 weeks later...
The biggest issue for me is the species.

Remember when we met the Emperor at the Act 2 finale he had a mask on? I'd bet the farm he was Pureblood underneath that mask.

The npc we kill at the end of Act 3 is a human, Dark V but still human. So basically... the species is wrong.

In the book Revan the emperor was a pureblood but he was supposedly so strong in the dark side that he became an entirely different species

The biggest issue for me is the species.

Remember when we met the Emperor at the Act 2 finale he had a mask on? I'd bet the farm he was Pureblood underneath that mask.

The npc we kill at the end of Act 3 is a human, Dark V but still human. So basically... the species is wrong.

I don't recall the NPC at the end of Act 3 clearly enough to make specific analysis of his features, but since it's relevant generally, I thought I'd note that I played out a Sith Pureblood character in the game who started with orange skin and no face tendrils. I went purely with dark side options and by Dark Side level V, the character's species was nearly indistinguishable from human. It's entirely possible that, thanks to Dark Side corruption, the Emperor might have lost the signature hue of his skin that would have made him more obviously pure Sith.

I don't recall the NPC at the end of Act 3 clearly enough to make specific analysis of his features, but since it's relevant generally, I thought I'd note that I played out a Sith Pureblood character in the game who started with orange skin and no face tendrils. I went purely with dark side options and by Dark Side level V, the character's species was nearly indistinguishable from human. It's entirely possible that, thanks to Dark Side corruption, the Emperor might have lost the signature hue of his skin that would have made him more obviously pure Sith.

Yes you're right, the Revan book already states this. The Emperor is NO LONGER a Pureblood. "His power and immortality had transformed him into a being unique in the galaxy."

Yes you're right, the Revan book already states this. The Emperor is NO LONGER a Pureblood. "His power and immortality had transformed him into a being unique in the galaxy."

"One cannot have power of that magnitude and still think and perceive the universe as we do."

If the source of his power is comparable to that of Nihilus (except by ritual instead of by instinct), then you could say he's not a pureblood because he's something beyond that. In fact Darth Marr says something to the effect that he exists beyond a physical form, and the way he said this suggested that the Emperor 'could' return, though not for a long time.

It's possible he pulled a Stalin and faked his death just to see who would try to seize his throne, only to resurface and conduct another purge. So, if the Emperor does return, then Marr's in for a rough time!

• 1 month later...

I thought I would just bump this thread as I happened to come across the TORWars podcast which I was unable to find when I created this thread. TORWars asked the Lead Writer at BioWare what the Emperor's fate was and Hall Hood confirms that the Emperor's body did in fact die after being defeated by the Jedi Knight.

To listen to the full podcast, click here. Skip to 27.00 to here about the Emperor.

Any feedback/thoughts are welcome!

I thought I would just bump this thread as I happened to come across the TORWars podcast which I was unable to find when I created this thread. TORWars asked the Lead Writer at BioWare what the Emperor's fate was and Hall Hood confirms that the Emperor's body did in fact die after being defeated by the Jedi Knight.

To listen to the full podcast, click here. Skip to 27.00 to here about the Emperor.

Any feedback/thoughts are welcome!

As shown in the other thread, there's this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcMb3fnR7RM#t=0m55s

And this...

Not thoughts or ideas at all but rather FACTS. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked

As shown in the other thread, there's this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcMb3fnR7RM#t=0m55s

And this...

Not thoughts or ideas at all but rather FACTS. :D

You've misinterpreted my argument here, I am not arguing that the Emperor is completely and totally dead, but has experienced a total bodily death. I wholeheartedly agree that the Emperor likely still exists in a spiritual form and his fate is uncertain. If anything this only supports the notion that the Voice's were not telling the truth, else the Emperor's fate would not be uncertain. Further thoughts on the matter:

"...But like I said, he goes on to say, or at least hints, that the Emperor lives on in some sort of spiritual form. And hints that he may return. He also mentions something else interesting; he implies that this isn't the first time the Emperor's body has died. So perhaps whilst being the Emperor, it was the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th incarnation of him. Hence him not being Sith or some sort of hybrid like he is presented in Revan. Personally, I’d like to see the Emperor return in another update – the option is has certainly been left open. And Vitiate wouldn't be the first Sith to escape from Chaos..."

The idea that the Emperor has not in-fact experienced a bodily death however, and that the body destroyed by the JK was simply another Voice seems to be contradicted by Hall Hood's words.

But perhaps there is room for interpretation. Perhaps the Emperor no longer has a true body and is solely comprised of Voice's... which would make what the Hand's told us to be true, from a certain point of view.

To me, Emperor (the real one) was killed by JK. If that was not the case then it would make the entire JK storyline, as well as Revan novel, pointless and ridiculous.

I hated the whole 1000 years old almighty Emperor in the first place.

To me, Emperor (the real one) was killed by JK. If that was not the case then it would make the entire JK storyline, as well as Revan novel, pointless and ridiculous.

I like and I dislike it. I think it would have been quite cool to find out that the Emperor died ages ago, and all the time its just been a big myth to keep people in line. But hey, his story is interesting and an interesting exploration of lore pertaining to the Force.

I'm hoping he makes a come-back. And it will be interesting to see what happens when he finally experiences a spiritual death as well. The Emperor's voice actor is also awesome. :p

I think it would have been quite cool to find out that the Emperor died ages ago, and all the time its just been a big myth to keep people in line. But hey, his story is interesting and an interesting exploration of lore pertaining to the Force.

Yes that would be the most sound way to deal with it. But sadly they made that option invalid with Revan novel.

As ridiculous as Palpatine having a legion of clones I assume? Either, fail to see why it would be ridiculous, not to mention it would be lame to say the least to restrict the Galaxy's greatest villain to a single class storyline.

It's pretty obvious, yet again, for someone with a brain, that the Emperor will eventually return as an operations or flashpoint boss, available for both factions, since his agenda places him against everyone in the Galaxy, not just the Republic or Jedi order.

Yes that would be the most sound way to deal with it. But sadly they made that option invalid with Revan novel.
Not necessarily, the Emperor has 1,000 years after that to die. That said it would leave Revan as a loose end. I'm not saying that its the best option, but it would have been interesting. We shall see how the Emperor's story unfolds.

But perhaps there is room for interpretation. Perhaps the Emperor no longer has a true body and is solely comprised of Voice's... which would make what the Hand's told us to be true, from a certain point of view.

Obi-wan? Obi-wan is that you?

As ridiculous as Palpatine having a legion of clones I assume? Either, fail to see why it would be ridiculous, not to mention it would be lame to say the least to restrict the Galaxy's greatest villain to a single class storyline.

It would make the JK storyline redundant and pointless if he/she didn't kill the Emperor. And since JK storyline is directly linked with Revan novel, it would make Meetra's and Revan's sacrifice ridiculous, as well as Scourge's decision.

Emperor is not restricted to a single class. He is a major plot point in every class' storyline. If you meant that every class should be able to fight him, then you are asking for a lame cheap content. That I just cannot approve.

It's pretty obvious, yet again, for someone with a brain, that the Emperor will eventually return as an operations or flashpoint boss, available for both factions, since his agenda places him against everyone in the Galaxy, not just the Republic or Jedi order.

That would be BW making profit with lame PVE crap at expense of making the main TOR storyline stupid.

Edited by Path-x