Clone Wars S05E19 - To Catch A Jedi

BradTheImpaler

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy I sparked the idea of Aurra Sing into many people's minds.

But yeah there is the problem of hair and antenna, which I guess could be cut and what not, but I think it would lead to a whole flashback scene to Aurra Sing about her life, like we got with Ventress in the Nightsisters Arc. And then they will end her character by putting her in jail, or (retcon) kill her.

I sort of have a feeling that the writers want to make it easy for themselves and just put a flashback scene for Bariss, and end a character that they created, I'm also surprised at the lack of Luminara Undili we are getting, she is Bariss' master right? Then again it could be anyone, or a new character, or some terrorist organization, or whoever the main female role of 1313 :D (if there is one.) ANYONE COULD BE IT.

But if it is Aurra I'm just gonna be like "CALLED IT CALLED IT CALLED IT." the entire episode shouting at my T.V. :D

Hope we get some more theories here, since it's basically just Aurra/Bariss/Ventress's Lightsaber Owner Lady/Random Character.

I watched the fight between Asoka and the mystery jedi several times and the mystery jedi is not Aurra Sing. Aurra Sing has very long fingers (twice as long as a normal human) and when the mystery jedi uses the force to make noise to distract Asoka you can see that he/she has normal length fingers, not the long ones of Sing.

I have to agree with Imhotep. Sing's body/fingers/head does not match that of the mysterious Jedi. I don't think that you are going to get your victory lap Djsting.

I have to agree with Imhotep. Sing's body/fingers/head does not match that of the mysterious Jedi. I don't think that you are going to get your victory lap Djsting.

Yeah, rewatching the fight scene today, the body type doesn't really match, it would still be an awesome twist if it was her. And now I begin to wonder what the heck Luminara was doing while Bariss was talking to Ahsoka and when she went to attack Ahsoka (if she did). Quite the mystery :) I wish they didn't make it a feminine character so it could just be Maul and we could know what happens to him after he starts serving Palpatine.

5 REASONS IT IS BARRISS...

WHO INFILTRATED THE PRISON ?

1. When Tarkin is walking with Anakin and Ahsoka, Barriss looks nervous, when Tarkin explains the prisoner is going to be moved from the Jedi Temple to a new prison facility. This gave Barriss a heads up on Letta's whereabouts. Barris realized at that moment she will need to figure out a way to break in. Why ? Because Letta would sooner or later snitch. To avoid this, Barriss went into the prison with the intentions of killing Letta. It would of been easier killing Letta inside the Jedi Temple, but Tarkin threw a monkey wrench in her plan and now Barriss needed to move quickly.

WHO DROPPED THE KEY CARD ?

2. After killing Letta in a rather sloppy manner, Barriss realized she would need to get the attention off her. Many people wouldn't believe Ahsoka would murder someone. So Barriss needed to find a way to change people's minds. Barriss would assist Ahsoka in escaping and use her as a smoke screen to get the attention off her. Barriss would drop the keycard, and kill the guards framing Ahsoka.

WHY HELP AHSOKA ?

3. Realizing that Ahsoka proved far more difficult to capture then she originally thought, Barriss needed to find a way to continually keep the attention off her and on Ahsoka. She would lead her to the nanodroids, and then lead security forces to the area so that the link between the nanodroids and Ahsoka was made. So even if Ahsoka escaped, she would never be able to clear her name.

HOW IS BARRISS SO OVERPOWERED ?

4. First off, Barriss is not overpowered, but what makes you think Barriss is weak ?

Barriss is in the same age group as Ahsoka, and in a lot of ways far more mentally focused. Barriss at one point, "memorized all 200 junctions of a Geonosis hive, because her master told her too". Ahsoka doesn't have that type of focus and would of laughed in Anakin's face if he asked her to do it.

Having the mental fortitude to study a lightsaber style, and practice again and again and again and again, is not something that really is hard for a person like Barriss.

But can she beat Ahsoka in a duel ? Yes. ABSOLUTELY ! Why ? Because to kick ***** as a Jedi, has nothing to do with physical ability. It has to do with your level of focus. Clearing your mind, concentrating, and having the confidence to follow through. Three things that Ahsoka is not able to do at the moment.

Barriss was rested, focused, and ready to do what needed to be done.

Ahsoka was tired, scared, confused, or as she puts it, "Off her game.." because of the stress she was under.

Barriss, being the more disciplined one, made the decision early on that she would have to be ready to kill clones, frame friends, and tarnish the name of the Jedi forever in order to win. Ahsoka is still trying to wrap her head around the first one.

WHY DID BARRISS GO TO THE DARKSIDE ?

5. A bit of foreshadowing was mentioned in "Sabotage", that all Jedi have political ideals and see the Jedi Order involved in the war in a lot of different ways.

For Barriss, she hates the idea that the Jedi are involved in the war. She feels that the Clone Wars is hurting the reputation of the Order, and that the Jedi are losing their focus as peace keepers. Barriss, like Anakin, and Tarkin believe that the Jedi are not able to do what needs to be done to end the war because of their principles.

With no end to the war, Barris goal is simple.

To make the Senate and the Republic believe that the Jedi Order should be removed from Military Actions. With the Jedi Order removed from power, the Republic can take the gloves off and end the war. That sounds a lot like Tarkin, and that's because it is. However Tarkin and Barriss are not working together, and have completely different goals. Tarkin wants to consolidate all power underneath him and get the Jedi out of his territory, because he enjoys being in charge.

Barriss doesn't want power or to be in charge. She just wants the Jedi to go back to their roots as peace keepers and pacifists, and not be involved in Republic politics and military matters.

To do that, she will become focused and do whatever it takes to win.

Edited by Darth__Carnal

I fell like Ventress was thrown into this arc especially after this recent episode. Trying to convince me that Ventress would believe Ashoka at this point is going to be able to go infront of the jedi council and have Ventress redeemed of all her crimes? Doesn't seem realistic to me, I feel like Ventress end is coming

On a side note, with mind tricks I don't know how hard it would be for a more sage-like jedi (such as Bariss) to get into a clone uniform and force choke for like 10 feet away. Sure the armor wouldn't fit well, but with preperation it's not impossible (luke comes to mind =P) Perhaps that is just me. I see Sidious having convinced Bariss to move the bomb plot foward while helping Tarkin hammer the Jedi for the results. They would not need to have any idea about each other and still produce the result of Ashoka being framed, Anakin more darkside, and the whole Council looking bad for the populus.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but inside the facility, 3 clones were murdered. Rex even said so. Tarkin reported that 5 clones were murdered by Ashoka. Did anyone notice 2 other clones being killed? I didn't. Yep, clearly something else is going on here, writers don't usually just make that kind of error. This pointed me to think that 1 or 2 of the clones weren't suppose to be inside that prison, and perhaps one of them was this dark-jedi we are looking for.

If they were to introduce a completely subjected Maul as the instrument of Ashoka's escape, (shaved horns to fit inside the helmet, to complete his fury in dishonor) I'd be happy. But I doubt it, after they have a small female character fight Ashoka, the options are so limited it seems to be Bariss. I think it will be the no surprise of Bariss for the Jedi, but there will be a much bigger twist on what happens to Ashoka. Perhaps we will find the corruption goes higher up the ladder and Anakin will suddenly seem alot more aware of the effectiveness of the dark side.

HOW IS BARRISS SO OVERPOWERED ?

4. First off, Barriss is not overpowered, but what makes you think Barriss is weak ?

Barriss is in the same age group as Ahsoka, and in a lot of ways far more mentally focused. Barriss at one point, "memorized all 200 junctions of a Geonosis hive, because her master told her too". Ahsoka doesn't have that type of focus and would of laughed in Anakin's face if he asked her to do it.

Having the mental fortitude to study a lightsaber style, and practice again and again and again and again, is not something that really is hard for a person like Barriss.

But can she beat Ahsoka in a duel ? Yes. ABSOLUTELY ! Why ? Because to kick ***** as a Jedi, has nothing to do with physical ability. It has to do with your level of focus. Clearing your mind, concentrating, and having the confidence to follow through. Three things that Ahsoka is not able to do at the moment.

Barriss was rested, focused, and ready to do what needed to be done.

Ahsoka was tired, scared, confused, or as she puts it, "Off her game.." because of the stress she was under.

Barriss, being the more disciplined one, made the decision early on that she would have to be ready to kill clones, frame friends, and tarnish the name of the Jedi forever in order to win. Ahsoka is still trying to wrap her head around the first one.

I'm just weighing in quickly on this one. For Barris to crush Ahsoka would not be hard, given their personalities. Especially if Barris lost to Ahsoka early on in her training, it could have pushed her to train all that much harder and focus on improving her saber skills. Barris seems like the personality type to overcome challenges through calculated action and dedication.

And anyone in Ahsoka's state would be performing poorly, so even if at the top of her game she might be more skilled, at that moment anything could happen.

I fell like Ventress was thrown into this arc especially after this recent episode. Trying to convince me that Ventress would believe Ashoka at this point is going to be able to go infront of the jedi council and have Ventress redeemed of all her crimes? Doesn't seem realistic to me, I feel like Ventress end is coming

I agree with this wich is sad, sense i realy like ventress. And in the preview we see Anakin had at her.

Allthough i wouldnt put past her motives about a pardon or a chance of "freedom" Her first master was a jedi once too.

But yeah it is a poor excuse i think.

Edited by Spartanik

I agree with your points, I now realise that Barriss' expression looked more like nervousness than guilt, and does have the potential to be more skilled than Ashoka (although she may have had her abilites heightened by Sidious/dark side.)

However one thing I disagree on is Barriss' motives, and that she is working alone. Firstly, Barriss is peaceable, reserved and selfless. I really don't think that alone she would go the extents she has just to end the war. Nor do I feel it was a very powerful ploy to end the war. Sabotaging the Jedi Temple simply isn't going to have any real effect on Jedi involvement. Yes it is showing the Jedi that public opinion is turning against them, but they will not risk abandoning the war and the Republic, whom they are sworn to protect. Nor will the military ban them from the war on such a minor, unrelated issue. I mean it obviously didn't work as the Jedi were in the war until the end, and if you think about it the outcome should have been the same whether they found out it was Barriss or not - both are Jedi.

For those reasons I think Offee, if she is the 'Jedi', has been corrupted by either Sidious or Dooku (more likely Sidious) and is in league (perhaps unknowingly on Tarkin's part) with Tarkin. And the real plan is to frame Ashoka for the crime and so have her exile or executed, both removing her from Sidious' scheme to turn Anakin to the darkside and to make Anakin angry and distant from the Council - its all too well planned for it to be any other way.

Concerning the relationship between Tarkin and Offee. Its likely neither know that the other is involved. Sidious probably told Offee to frame Ashoka and Tarkin was probably told by Sidious that 'someone' would aid in Ashoka's framing, and all he had to do was play along.

On a side note, with mind tricks I don't know how hard it would be for a more sage-like jedi (such as Bariss) to get into a clone uniform and force choke for like 10 feet away. Sure the armor wouldn't fit well, but with preperation it's not impossible (luke comes to mind =P)...

...I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but inside the facility, 3 clones were murdered. Rex even said so. Tarkin reported that 5 clones were murdered by Ashoka. Did anyone notice 2 other clones being killed? I didn't. Yep, clearly something else is going on here, writers don't usually just make that kind of error. This pointed me to think that 1 or 2 of the clones weren't suppose to be inside that prison, and perhaps one of them was this dark-jedi we are looking for.

Very good point, that is a possibility... though I think Offee could have stealthed her way into the temple. And concerning what Tarkin said, I noticed that too, but interpreted differently. Firstly, most of what he said is baseless and untrue. He has no evidence that Ashoka used a mind trick, and only 3 clones were killed, not 6 along the way. Maybe other bodies were found, but it sounded more like Tarkin was deliberately setting Ashoka up by fabricating evidence.
I watched the fight between Asoka and the mystery jedi several times and the mystery jedi is not Aurra Sing. Aurra Sing has very long fingers (twice as long as a normal human) and when the mystery jedi uses the force to make noise to distract Asoka you can see that he/she has normal length fingers, not the long ones of Sing.
Damn it your right, I reckon it isn't Sing. Oh well. :o

P.S. I still think Commander Fox might be in on this... maybe.

I disagree, I think this arc is meant to be a turning point in her life. The fact she so eagerly accepted Ashoka's offer I think is because she is desperate for acceptance or forgiveness from the Jedi, whom she really have little reason to hate, and may well have reconciled herself with that hate and felt remorse at all she has done.

Basically she want's a clean slate, really really badly.

Then again, there is a possiblity that Ventress could die... she is in the 'who will fall' poster - but there is a lot more she has to give. I for one, will be very upset if Ventress dies. She is my favourite character in this series.

But notice however, that all of these characters have been in near life or death situations and either surived or died. Hondo survived the attack on his base, and that bounty hunter survived an encounter with Maul. And Maul was spared by Sidious. All the rest died. Ashoka may have just had her moment, so all that leaves is Rex and Ventress...

I believe Rex will die.
I too, believe this will be the case. He's not in the movies, or Order 66. He's entirely a TCW creation, so is not tied to any EU. He is a loved character, but not loved enough to be expendable.

Although I don't think by the end of this arc... well, we'll see. A confrontation between Rex and Ashoka will be interesting - if I recall they are quite close.

I too, believe this will be the case. He's not in the movies, or Order 66. He's entirely a TCW creation, so is not tied to any EU. He is a loved character, but not loved enough to be expendable.

Although I don't think by the end of this arc... well, we'll see. A confrontation between Rex and Ashoka will be interesting - if I recall they are quite close.

How cool would it be if Rex kills her and Skywalker completely destroys him for it? XD

Two birds one stone Lucas... Think about it :p

Edited by Selenial

If Barriss is involved, I suspect she's working alone, Tarkin and Palpatine are just using exploiting the current situation

I suspect she will find a side eventually, this arch is likely going to end with someone leaving the jedi order, the question would then be if she joined Sidious and whatever he has planned for Maul, if she remain in exile and builds something herself or if she joins the Separatists

Could also end with Ahsoka found guilty and imprisoned (there's a lot of people locked up in jail currently, a lot of Confederacy leaders, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing) and end with whoever the dark jedi is staying with the jedi for a later reveal

Maybe if Ahsoka does get sent to prison, she will escape with Sing and join Ventress and everybody = happy :)

But then she could also be about to get executed, and then hold Palpatine hostage or something. So many possibilities.

About the Rex thing, I sort of want him and Ahsoka to be a duo surviving in order 66, and they run away together and have babies :D

A confrontation between Rex and Ashoka will be interesting - if I recall they are quite close.

If you wacthed the cast hangout after the lawless episode they mention of rex killing ashoka, but they dismiss it.

The one who mention was the voice actreess of ashoka when she asked a kid what he thinked what will happen to ashoka , and the reply was that rex would kill ashoka and she was shoked lol. It wont happen though. dave filoni made it clear on that.

doesnt mean rex wont die. But maybe not yet i think.

Also about order 66 i think some clones didnt folow it but i might be mistaken. BUt evidently some clones during the war were much more independent then what palpatine intended. I recall one episode of one meating rex that had deserted married with wife and kids. Obviously their "programing" was subjective, them being human beings after all. And influencied by enviromental estimuli. LIke jedi friendships etc.

Here is the cast hangout

Edited by Spartanik

I guess I will retract that. I was very fond of the Kamino arc with Fives, Hevy, 99 and such.

Another good one was the episode where Captain Rex was wounded by a sniper and his squad mates left him in the care of the wife of a clone who deserted after the First Battle of Geonosis who has raised 2 children and has settled down in the life of a farmer.

It's pretty obv. Bariss - there is no other character that matches the body type of the attacker.

The question they have to back tell is how she got that good. Possibly Sidious has dispatched Maul to train her? Sidious has trained her himself?

My big question/concern is how the Clone Army is treated. In the first 4 seasons the Clones are presented as 'extra hands' for the Jedi, so that the Jedi can fight the war. Every Jedi has their own regiment, etc... Now suddenly there's this massive switch in policy so that the Army is independent, which isn't explained.

Even Tarkin saying thing like 'this is a military matter, not a concern of the Jedi' seems very out of flavor for how the Army functioned thus far in the story.

Edited by jjmartin

It's pretty obv. Bariss - there is no other character that matches the body type of the attacker.

The question they have to back tell is how she got that good. Possibly Sidious has dispatched Maul to train her? Sidious has trained her himself?

My big question/concern is how the Clone Army is treated. In the first 4 seasons the Clones are presented as 'extra hands' for the Jedi, so that the Jedi can fight the war. Every Jedi has their own regiment, etc... Now suddenly there's this massive switch in policy so that the Army is independent, which isn't explained.

Even Tarkin saying thing like 'this is a military matter, not a concern of the Jedi' seems very out of flavor for how the Army functioned thus far in the story.

I thought he said if was a Republic matter?

Either way the clones work for the republic, which means they work for palpatine

He allows the Jedi to command the forces but as they said in the movies, they are peace keeper not warriors

Needless to say the entire republic including the Jedi are already under sith control they just don't know it yet

How ever the military seemed before, things are transpiring according to the emperors design, he said so himself

It's all subject to change because its all an illusion

Edited by kirorx

Another good one was the episode where Captain Rex was wounded by a sniper and his squad mates left him in the care of the wife of a clone who deserted after the First Battle of Geonosis who has raised 2 children and has settled down in the life of a farmer.

yep, also Umbara arch was nice too.

Edited by Spartanik