Droid as new character race

zDaKine

• 1 month later...
I am very much intrigued by the idea of a new droid race/class with it's own unique storyline and set of companions. Droids are an essential part of the star wars universe and have been since the very beginning. The storyline could have something to do with it getting caught up in the Republic vs. Sith war while it is searching for it's origins. It probably won't happen, at least not for quite some time but it's still fun to imagine.

This would make for a coding nightmare to make it so that moves like slice droid and such don't affect you but it would be kinda cool. They also wouldn't have to be completely restricted to non force users because you could give them like a tractor beam and the ability to shoot lightning a gravity manipulator and some crazy ****** nanites for healing.

This would make for a coding nightmare to make it so that moves like slice droid and such don't affect you but it would be kinda cool. They also wouldn't have to be completely restricted to non force users because you could give them like a tractor beam and the ability to shoot lightning a gravity manipulator and some crazy ****** nanites for healing.

Actually the coding difficulty would be to make it so that moves like Slice Droid did affect you. Races in SWTOR are primarily cosmetic with a different minor bonus ability for each race, so without a bunch of coding Slice Droid would affect a player character droid the same way it affects player character Sith, which is not at all.

The minor quibble being that in the Star Wars universe machine intelligences are automatically socially inferior and regarded somewhere between being like slaves with fewer rights and appliances with no more rights than a wall lamp or speeder. i like the idea of PC droids, but it would require revising a lot of class stories to make it work. Although i have made suggestions on this same topic before that might address that.