Will there be more companion Conversations coming soon?

Ashlockheart

Voice actors cost money, do you really think with F2P coming that they are making enough money to add in such worthless things like more companion converstations? they can barely afford adding one planet and 5 levels of story without boasting about it and saying "we may charge subscribers for it~ lolololz" but thats what we get when reading is just to much for the playerbase.

I sure hope so. I would pay a lot of money for a quality companion expansion pack that upgraded and expanded our current story and companion story lines.

I really enjoy the individual story that was put into this game at launch. My favorite part of the game involves not only the story lines in each class, but also the details put into the interaction with companions. I am still hopeful that we will get much more of this, but worried that it will become less individualized. They say that they are still committed to the story but I wonder if the trends will be to more and more content that is generic in nature. Such as adding a companion that everyone shares with similar interactions.

Anyone have any insight into this? I want more story with all of my characters but especially my JK. I want each current companion to be expanded and more new dialogue as well as more day-to-day interaction that reflects the status of our relationship with them. For example, my character is married to Kira, but after one last cut scene about the future and a few letters, you would never know it.

At any rate, as I said I remain hopeful, but have not been getting any warm fuzzies about the direction of individual story and current companion story lines in the current state of the game.

When Ericsson was interviewed about Makeb/HK etc.. he said that was over a year away.

You will obviously have conversations with HK but nothing new or likely ever now for the others.

This is how bad rumors get started. Makeb/HK etc. have been stated due THIS year. If you read otherwise, cite the article or it didn't happen.

I really enjoy having converstions with my companion in the game. I wouldn't mind doing companion quest for them as well. Maybe even seeing there home worlds, and were they came from. I hope you don't lose this part of the game because companions, and conversations are what really make your starwars unique, and give it that cool facter.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree completely...more individual storyline...more on companions and most specifically our current companions and not a generic companion added to all characters. Back into the studios for more voice acting and recording please. I know it's an mmo and they should devote a lot of resources into ops and fps and such...but this game is special because of the immersion and story. It's special because it makes you feel special when you play.

My first character was a JK sentinel and I played almost nonstop because it was like some great book that I couldn't put down, and the kicker was I was made to feel like I was an integral part of all of the best parts of the book. Once he got to post 50 content he didn't really feel that special any more. My guild fell apart and went back to WoW so I don't see much group stuff anymore.

Anyway, with the other characters I have leveled I've gone much slower to savor the story and the feel because I know there isn't much after 50 for them with their individual stories. I hope and pray this changes soon. I hope they add so very much more with our companions and our stories.

Voice actors cost money, do you really think with F2P coming that they are making enough money to add in such worthless things like more companion converstations? they can barely afford adding one planet and 5 levels of story without boasting about it and saying "we may charge subscribers for it~ lolololz" but thats what we get when reading is just to much for the playerbase.

Oh look! Another "jumper" that was bored of his previous MMO...

Please do us all a favor and go play some other game since you clearly are playing the wrong one, if you think adding stuff like this is worthless...

This game should be about VO, story, companions interactions 1st and everything else after as Bioware said, and yet they are focusing in PVP and grouping...

I was just wondering with new patches, and expansions coming soon. Will there be more companion Converstions?

Yeah I wouldn't mind a few repeatable conversations being developed where you can order your companion to do some things or them updating you on events in the game, could be a great way of releasing updates to game news.

Especially with the girls/guy your having a sexual relationship with. Right now it feels very stalled on my ship as if they are waiting for expansions. Would make it more lively on my ship. Even companions talking with other companions.

sadly I don't think we will get much companion content in the future

that said if bioware is listening I would pay $59.99 for a companion expansion pack if it turned the companions into actual "bioware quality" companions,

meaning...

- quest lines for all companions

- full dialog stories like kotor, dragon age, and mass effect where at any time I can just click them and choose between 2 or 3 different stories or get some cinematic interaction

- more interaction from companions while questing and in combat

- individual crating professions for each companion

the extra mile would be

- all companions romance [including same sex and romance with droids/aliens]

- new companions

dreaming...

- making companions bound to legacy [so a max level character could quest with any unlocked maxed affection companion] - don't know if that is possible

- a companion flashpoint where you can use a kotor team with 2 companions or where you have to use a different companion to complete different parts of the flashpoint

that much content would be worth a expansion price to me witth just the first 4 but sadly I think I am the only one who would pay for this

I would pay for that as well but im out of here tuesday, BORDERLAND 2 IS COMING OUT

Yeah I wouldn't mind a few repeatable conversations being developed where you can order your companion to do some things or them updating you on events in the game, could be a great way of releasing updates to game news.

Especially with the girls/guy your having a sexual relationship with. Right now it feels very stalled on my ship as if they are waiting for expansions. Would make it more lively on my ship. Even companions talking with other companions.

Definitely more day-to-day interaction and things on ship...good idea.

No you're not! I'd pay for this in a heartbeat too!!:)

As would I! That sounds brilliant!

I actually really like the idea about the flashpoint were you'd need a different companion for different parts.

I think something like that could actually also be done in our future class stories.... Should we ever get more, that is.

Someone I know said she saw Timothy Omundson (Aric Jorgan) mention on Twitter several weeks ago that he was back in the studio recording for SWTOR. Since I don't have proof, of course, feel free to take with a grain of salt.

Just chiming in with the "I would pay money for an update/expansion that included new story and/or dialogue with my companions". I was one of the SP gamers who got hooked hard on Bioware's storytelling with Dragon Age: Origins and the only reason I gave SWTOR a try was because of its similarities to the SP titles in terms of having fully voiced protagonists, Companions, and Romances. I'm still a subscriber, so I'm still giving them money; the f2p argument has merit, but if they have a playerbase of subscribers, that's money they're making, too, and money they can keep making if they cater to the loyalists as well as go after the new market.

Someone I know said she saw Timothy Omundson (Aric Jorgan) mention on Twitter several weeks ago that he was back in the studio recording for SWTOR. Since I don't have proof, of course, feel free to take with a grain of salt.

Just chiming in with the "I would pay money for an update/expansion that included new story and/or dialogue with my companions". I was one of the SP gamers who got hooked hard on Bioware's storytelling with Dragon Age: Origins and the only reason I gave SWTOR a try was because of its similarities to the SP titles in terms of having fully voiced protagonists, Companions, and Romances. I'm still a subscriber, so I'm still giving them money; the f2p argument has merit, but if they have a playerbase of subscribers, that's money they're making, too, and money they can keep making if they cater to the loyalists as well as go after the new market.

Hmm. I'll ask on Laura Bailey's (Kira Carsen) facebook page if she has any planned studio work for SWTOR. She is usually pretty good answering fans.

As long as there is hope for new story line and new companion stuff (with both current and new companions) I'll be a subscriber.

• 3 months later...
Please bioware keep makeing companion conversations, quest, and storys, and I will pay every dime, and never stop playing. Please don't be like any of those other games were you ignore what the fans want, and add only what you feel you want. That is why blizzard lost me as a player. I want for once just to play a game were the disighners do what the fans want. If you need time to make it happen then I would wait til you finish it. I promise you that if you do lissen then you will blow any other mmo out there. Just dont make the same mistakes the others did.:D

dreaming...

- making companions bound to legacy [so a max level character could quest with any unlocked maxed affection companion] - don't know if that is possible

I want to see this happen as well.

I was actually kinda surprised that did not include stuff like this when "legacy" and the "Family tree" came out.

Of COURSE there will be new companion quests and conversations, I'll give you al a teaser.....

Companion: "Boss! Boss! Quick, I need to let you know! There is a......

**Please pay 250 Cartel Coins to continue**

(ca-ching)

Companion"....SiS guy on the holo and he's asking for you, but I've seen him before! I'm not sure you can trust him he was heavily involved in....

(ca-ching)

Companion: ...gouging credits for ammo cells when people were low and in the middle of firefights, well he said he was charging, but I heard that....

I kind of wish they never introduced companions or not so many. Just maybe 2 or 3 for each class. Having that many actors for each companion is so much money that could have been put into more important things in the game.

3 companions = 3 roles

Healer Comp

Dps Comp

Tank Comp

That's it. We didn't need so many. Half the time I'm only using one companion anyway.

Better yet they could have done without companions entirely and just went the GW2 route of personal story. Your character doing everything with help on the side once in a while. Perhaps even a "contact" system for during the story. As you were leveling you gained friendships and could choose different options of who to contact for help on a mission during the class story.

But it's too late for all of that now. Companions are here to stay and I think it's going to be a big problem down the road for them.

Edited by spectreclees

I kind of wish they never introduced companions or not so many. Just maybe 2 or 3 for each class. Having that many actors for each companion is so much money that could have been put into more important things in the game.

3 companions = 3 roles

Healer Comp

Dps Comp

Tank Comp

That's it. We didn't need so many. Half the time I'm only using one companion anyway.

Better yet they could have done without companions entirely and just went the GW2 route of personal story. Your character doing everything with help on the side once in a while. Perhaps even a "contact" system for during the story. As you were leveling you gained friendships and could choose different options of who to contact for help on a mission during the class story.

But it's too late for all of that now. Companions are here to stay and I think it's going to be a big problem down the road for them.

well long time bioware fans expect great companion interaction its pretty much been a staple since baldurs gate .and lets face it man the raiders had there shot and pretty much all went back to wow and whatever , the bioware and star wars fans now deserve to get there voices heard and clearly what we want is story and not more pointless dungeon grinds ,i can live ith the cartel shop if it means more story

i want to know too.

might as well have been married to my companions for decades now. they never talk to me. never acknowledge our love any more. nothing.

Is it wrong that when Elara Dorne puts on a bikini for me, I just send her to the kitchen to make me a stim?

well long time bioware fans expect great companion interaction its pretty much been a staple since baldurs gate .and lets face it man the raiders had there shot and pretty much all went back to wow and whatever , the bioware and star wars fans now deserve to get there voices heard and clearly what we want is story and not more pointless dungeon grinds ,i can live ith the cartel shop if it means more story

Pritty much. I use to be a wow player, but I stoped playing after cata when they changed the way the game play was made, and how they changed priitty much every thing. It made me sad that a good game could be distroyed so easily, by egoes. I just hope Bioware does not share the same fait. I hope they are smart, and lissen to the fans. And as I can see. the fans want story. Not pvp, and raids. I don't mind the pve part, but I can tell the main core to starwars is the story. Not the look, Not the gear, and most sertinly not the pvp.

I would hope that, at the very least, the romanceable companions get more story. I'd prefer all of them, but if corners must be cut, at least having more conversations with the romance options would be nice.

That said, I want fully fleshed out Chapters 4, 5, and 6 of each Personal Class Story too, but I realize that's a long ways off, if ever.