Is Time For Bioware To Look At Some F2P Restrictions

shefflad

That's a great idea actually! Even reward them a free Cartel Pack - that they could sell for credits or keep phat lootz!

That would probably get people queuing too. Not like they'd be giving away a ton each month, but it would show some good will and get people trying out the PvP.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it was up to me, I'd do a contest each week for PvP. Make it so that the top five in each class doing random queues gets a big credit prize, same for top dps and heals and such, reward the players for playing their specialties and as a team. It'd be a simple and relatively fun thing and would probably attract more players just for the big prize each week. And each month have a drawing for a random mount or something for the top winners.

That's great and all but it's only a good incentive for PVPers those that only do PVE either because they are not good at PVP or simple hate PVP (especially TORs PVP which sucks) have no incentive to play.

• 1 month later...
There was mention of doing that but I don't think that was ever implemented.

They mentioned it in one of the blogs, and said it was coming sometime after 2.4, but Musco said in one of the streams recently that it is NOT happening. The logic given was that too few people were hitting the weekly cap for it to be worth it.

If it was up to me, I'd do a contest each week for PvP. Make it so that the top five in each class doing random queues gets a big credit prize, same for top dps and heals and such, reward the players for playing their specialties and as a team. It'd be a simple and relatively fun thing and would probably attract more players just for the big prize each week. And each month have a drawing for a random mount or something for the top winners.

The economy is so busted that they want to charge 50 million to get into a guild ship and you want to regularly offer large amounts of free bonus credits to be added to the pot?

So with that in mind with F2P players only able to do 5 warzones etc a week is it time to remove these restrictions or increase how many they can do.

Restrictions like that are a pretty good way to prompt F2P players into subbing though, no?

I just re-subbed yesterday after ~2 year break. I came back to have a look with my old character in F2P... decided warzones were still fun... couldn't cope with the weekly restriction.. had to pay to keep playing.. so I paid up!

I'd just like to see some mission-less grind to do while not doing pvp. No quest. No daily or weekly limit. Just brain-relaxing, muscle memory training grinding of various difficulties of single mobs. All this aoe-sh*t with what mob runs where and has aggro on me or whatnot... meh... Just something a bit less brain-hurting than fleet chat.

Yes, that'll be a couple of nights for the overly dedicated... but I prefer a nice, slow grind to anything that feels like just another m-f schedule in life. Not what I game for.

If they're not going to pay, they're already getting far, FAR more than they pay for. They don't need any more.

This game isn't a charity. The dozens of men and women who work hard to produce this game for us deserve to be paid for their efforts. F2P players are leeches. Parasites. Dregs of society. And they're even worse than that when they have the gall to demand even more stuff for free on top of all the stuff they already get for free.

WRT F2P restrictions, BW needs to add one. Limit chat to Guild, Party, and Operations only.

These "dregs of society" actually saved the games backside, this is now the third biggest MMO on the market all thanks mostly down to the F2P move... which without you'd be pretty lonely playing this game all by yourself right now... if the servers were even still up that is?

Also not all F2P players are people with no intention of paying, a huge chunk of them are ex-subscribers who might be on the fence about returning and want to know if the game offers them something new/better to what they previously experienced.

If they're not going to pay, they're already getting far, FAR more than they pay for. They don't need any more.

This game isn't a charity. The dozens of men and women who work hard to produce this game for us deserve to be paid for their efforts. F2P players are leeches. Parasites. Dregs of society. And they're even worse than that when they have the gall to demand even more stuff for free on top of all the stuff they already get for free.

WRT F2P restrictions, BW needs to add one. Limit chat to Guild, Party, and Operations only.

^ So so much this.. the discussion should have ended right here

All I see is "Wahwahwah, FP queues for dps are too long"

There still wouldn't be enough tanks/healers in queues. Increasing number of tanks/healers in queues by removing restrictions would only further increase number of dps in queue. This would only mean that FP queue times for dps wouldn't change at all for majority.

Subscribers who claim that there's nothing worth to subscribe for just look like hypocrites to me.

Try playing ESO, and see how your $15/£8.99 a month means nothing.

Want a mount? Sure, that'll be 17200 gold in a game where even bosses only drop one gold or 20 bucks for the uber edition or one off the cash shop...

At least swtor has none of that crap and people who actually pay money actually get rewarded rather than being told to pay more to get a decent playing experience let alone any subscriber perks.

These "dregs of society" actually saved the games backside, this is now the third biggest MMO on the market all thanks mostly down to the F2P move... which without you'd be pretty lonely playing this game all by yourself right now... if the servers were even still up that is?

Also not all F2P players are people with no intention of paying, a huge chunk of them are ex-subscribers who might be on the fence about returning and want to know if the game offers them something new/better to what they previously experienced.

Great answer! Are people still miffed about this game going to this model? I got to tell you you should probably just get over it now. And yeah they should look at it they always should look at what restrictions on f2p/preferred are proper and what could be lessened. Personaly i wouldn't feel offended as a sub if they opened the lvl cap to everyone. You would still need say Rothc to get to makeb or the mythical 3.0:p

Great answer! Are people still miffed about this game going to this model? I got to tell you you should probably just get over it now. And yeah they should look at it they always should look at what restrictions on f2p/preferred are proper and what could be lessened. Personaly i wouldn't feel offended as a sub if they opened the lvl cap to everyone. You would still need say Rothc to get to makeb or the mythical 3.0:p

I am miffed about f2p because it brought in more god seller activity, not because of f2p players.

If bioware does not relook at the f2p restrictions then i wish they would at least raise the credit limit for f2p/preferred and let us buy and sell a months subscription over the GTN then, like how wildstar decided to do it.

F2p/preferred players do add to the world and to the economy, (gold sellers excluded of course), and some people do not have as much time or money as other people do.

I have made suggestions to alter a few of the F2P restrictions in the past. This is what I find wrong with the current system.

I am of the opinion that there are three distinct weaknesses in the current F2P/Preferred system that do not lend themselves to promote growth for this title. They are, as follows....

1) Lack of ability to more than one item and money between legacy characters on the same account.

2) Constant spam to indicate that you have reached credit cap.

3) Lack of ability for F2P and Preferred players to openly communicate among themselves in game (lack of a chat channel for F2P)

I also feel that a third tier is missing from the mix, a "Veteran" tier if you will, one that removes most (but not all) of the remaining restrictions for preferred players if they have subscribed to the game for at least 180 days in the lifetime of the account.

These are the only remaining weaknesses of the current model IMO. Below are my suggestions for each.

1) Allow folks to purchase an unlock that will open up legacy mail.

2) Either remove the sound effect from the coin limit spam, or space it out over, say, every ten deposits.

3) Add a channel to the chat box that would exist for free and preferred players to openly chat among themselves. Subscribers would naturally be able to participate, or could simply ignore it.