[Flashpoint: The Foundry] Revan's Chest (loot) bugged?

Hello all,

Over the last few days I've run The Foundry (normal mode at level, not Hard at 50) a number of times and noticed something strange.

Everysingle enemy in the instance drops level 37 (Rating 90) items *EXCEPT* for Revan. When you beat Revan and open his chest it contains level 33 (Rating 82) items.

Level 33 (Rating 82) is the item level from Boarding Party, and at least one item in the chest (that I have seen) also drops in Boarding Party (Mercenary's Foundry Helmet).

QUESTIONS:

1. Is this a bug?
  2. Has this always been the case? (If so, what is the logic behind this decision? If not, does anyone know when this started to happen?)

Edited by ZeroPlus

This last chest is also not dropping an orange item either.

Well, it does contain "orange" items (I've seen them) but I've also had runs where it only contains 2 "blue" items (probably what happened with you). In all cases, the items were level 33, where the rest of the items in the instance are level 37.

This must be a bug! I really cannot imagine why the last boss in an FP would *only* drop gear that is 4 levels below anything else dropped in the FP.

Did The Foundry 2 times tonight. First time, Revan's chest contained 2 blue items, both level 33. Second time we got an orange and a blue, both level 33 again.

Am I really the only one that finds this strange (level 33 items dropping from the last boss in a level 37 FP)?

• 2 weeks later...

It has been almost 2 weeks since I first reported this issue and not a word of acknowledgement about this issue. :(

Now I understand that there are shiny new things in the game that might be capturing all of the current attention, but someone really NEEDS to look into this.

We are talking about:

1) A Level 37 flashpoint that has existed since the beginning of the game.

2) It continues the story of a core character from the KOTOR series.

3) Everyone who has any interest in doing flashpoints will be doing this flashpoint multiple times from about level 35 to 39 (when using the Group Finder).

Taking all of the above into consideration, I find it incomprehensible that anyone can consider it normal (and as such, not worthy of note) that the *last* boss in this flashpoint is dropping gear that is several levels below anything else that is dropped in this flashpoint (there are "greens" that drop from trash that are higher level!).

Please can we get someone to look at this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, over the last few days I've been doing the Republic equivalent of The Foundry called Maelstrom Prison.

There we have proper level 37 items dropping from the last boss.

Surely it is not intended that the last boss in The Foundry is dropping level 33 items and not level 37 items as happens in Maelstrom Prison.

Can you please get someone to look into this issue?

• 2 months later...

I hate the Revan chest. You have this big, epic battle that smashes all over the platform and just feels like "Yeah, I'm a badarse" mode.

Then you get a level 34 orange item (to be immediately vendored since you have full 38s from the other Foundry bosses and ... trash drops), a crappy blue item you give to your companion or vendor, and a crappy green item which is just there to mock you.

The fight itself is fun enough that it pays for itself imo, but still — that is a really lame way to end Foundry. It's like reaching climax with your eyes closed, then opening them and seeing a clown.