Same gender relationships clarifications?

elexier

i got two things coming that i' so looking forward to... Sgr's this year and hopefully soon cathar as playable race. I can just imagine my female cather sw with her face all scrunched up in ecstasy as vette scratches her under her chin while saying, "my aren't you the cutest little sith lord i've ever seen!"

Now that is hawt!!

Edited by Sapho

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware, i personally wouldnt mind if you put this on the back burner. There are alot of issues that would come before this in my opinion. Infact, im not sure we realy need clarification. Just as long as its "Coming Soon" im happy.

This issue is making it difficult for some of us to play our characters in the manner in which we would like. I've kind of resigned myself to hoping that Bioware is wise enough to allow capped PCs to romance existing companions while at level 50.

I am currently content with SWTOR, but if MoP hits the shelves before SGRA go in SWTOR, I'll be putting SWTOR on the back burner (and by that, I mean cancelling my account until it happens).

Hmm.... I also would not mind this but if you really want same gender romance become a girl so you can romance a male companion and become a boy if you want to romance a girl companion. Is it that hard?
With all due respect, I think you've missed the point entirely. Romancing someone as the opposite gender is not, at all, same-gender romance. :confused: Have I misunderstood what you're trying to say, or... what?

Hmm.... I also would not mind this but if you really want same gender romance become a girl so you can romance a male companion and become a boy if you want to romance a girl companion. Is it that hard?

"If you want same-gender romance, just be different genders, silly!"

:eek:

Just... :eek:

That's not a same gender romance. Those are heterosexual romances. Simply because the player is one or other gender does not magically make a heterosexual romance homosexual. I dare say you've missed the point of this somewhat.

For me, playing RPMMO means being involved in my character development and wanting to relate to my character as much as possible. Playing a male character to romance my female companion does not do it for me. It is kinda like getting only that crap ***- peanutty goo taffy wrapped in orange and black wax paper for Halloween. Yes it is candy, but it still sucks. Edited by Sapho

With all due respect, I think you've missed the point entirely. Romancing someone as the opposite gender is not, at all, same-gender romance. :confused: Have I misunderstood what you're trying to say, or... what?

Well I think I am missing the point. Sorry guys if I offended anyone. :( The problem with EA is that they dont listen to their players. They do whatever they think is easiest and makes the most money. They would have to change the storyline a lot for same gender romances. But its nothing they can't do? I doubt. The demand is getting rather high. So I would possibly expect same gender relationships along with Cathar species. Sorry again for any offense or commotion I caused. Now, you have my full support. And I fully understand. How you feel about how it represents yourself. I support this topic and I hope you get same gender relationships in the near future.

Bluegem

Edited by bluegem

Well I think I am missing the point. Sorry guys if I offended anyone. :( The problem with EA is that they dont listen to their players. They do whatever they think is easiest and makes the most money. They would have to change the storyline a lot for same gender romances. But its nothing they can't do? I doubt. The demand is getting rather high. So I would possibly expect same gender relationships along with Cathar species. Sorry again for any offense or commotion I caused. Now, you have my full support. And I fully understand. How you feel about how it represents yourself. I support this topic and I hope you get same gender relationships in the near future.

Bluegem

No offense taken by me. Civil discussion and hearing others opinions is the best way to understand one another. Glad you joined the discussion and glad to have your support for SGR.

I got two things coming that I' so looking forward to... SGR's this year and hopefully soon Cathar as playable race. I can just imagine my female Cather SW with her face all scrunched up in ecstasy as Vette scratches her under her chin while saying, "My aren't you the cutest little Sith Lord I've ever seen!"

I'll be in my bunk. :D

Thanks for response. I have 3 characters, and been playing mainly on my 50 SW. Been focusing on making money on my SW, and not advancing my other two (BH/IA) storyline. Ugh!!! Just want to vent, seems like we have been waiting for SGR for ever.

ugh.... same boat.... I have my Trooper on Taris and soon Elara will be joining the crew. I think I'll stop there. I'll be in a similar situation with my planned BH and Agent.

For now, I can keep playing my male warrior, married to Vette, and my poor lonely female sorcerer :( I hope she can find someone in the future....

but .... but... such a long time it seems....

Popping back in after being skulking, ahem, lurking for a while.

I've now got my Sw to 50 - using her to farm funds - my IA to Voss, BH to Belsavis, Trooper just got to Nar Shaddaa, Smuggler is on Alderaan (wearing her sexy Exalted Legacy suit - matches her grey hair and eyes perfectly :D ), JC on Taris and just started the craziest pure-blood SI.

Like many of you, it's getting to the point where I'm just logging in to farm credits/increase my legacy level until SGRAs hit and I will happily re-roll all but my SW50 farmer to enjoy the stories with the romances integrated as they (hopefully) go along.

I'm really hoping Temple is the IA option rather than Kaliyo. don't get me wrong, the pale psycho is hot as hell, but Raina...:o Even though I know I'm going to be re-rolling her, a strange thing happened with my IA as soon as Raina appeared - my heartless dark-side 3 Agent suddenly started taking the light-side options :D Good thing she can send Kaliyo on secret dark-side diplomacy missions to keep her reputation intact hehe.

I had a lvl30 JK but hadn't played her for so long waiting on kira that I deleted her, ready to start from scratch as soon as the update goes live. Plus my cyborg BH needs to get to 50 first so my JK can try the "Hey Kira, I think my cybernetic eye has something in it..." card :cool:

So,um, yeah, hopefully 'soon' is 'even sooner'.

Edited by MoogleNut
even more spelling

Just a quick question is it possible to romance 2 companions at once??? :rak_02:

There is a small voting poll at the bottom maybe we should vote on this thread so more staff come and bring this thread to attention??

Edited by bluegem
Suggestion

Just a quick question is it possible to romance 2 companions at once??? :rak_02:

There is a small voting poll at the bottom maybe we should vote on this thread so more staff come and bring this thread to attention??

Yes and no. You can, but someone ends up breaking up with you.

Even though I know I'm going to be re-rolling her, a strange thing happened with my IA as soon as Raina appeared - my heartless dark-side 3 Agent suddenly started taking the light-side options :D Good thing she can send Kaliyo on secret dark-side diplomacy missions to keep her reputation intact hehe.

She'll probably have to pay Kaliyo to keep that a secret though XD

I send her on LS missions for the lulz....my IA has an odd sense of humor.

Imagining Kaliyo handling something like this:

"A distress call is coming from within the Orixon Nebula, declared off-limits by the Hutts. Send your companion to negotiate passage for a rescue ship."

...just cracks me up.

She'll probably have to pay Kaliyo to keep that a secret though XD

I send her on LS missions for the lulz....my IA has an odd sense of humor.

Imagining Kaliyo handling something like this:

"A distress call is coming from within the Orixon Nebula, declared off-limits by the Hutts. Send your companion to negotiate passage for a rescue ship."

...just cracks me up.

Hehe, she'd just throw Kailyo a month's worth of credits and drop her off at the nearest red-light district for the weekend for some "R&R". If she said anything after she got back my sneaky sneaky agent would just tell Raina she must've taken something she shouldn't have and it'd fried her brain. :p

Hehe, she'd just throw Kailyo a month's worth of credits and drop her off at the nearest red-light district for the weekend for some "R&R". If she said anything after she got back my sneaky sneaky agent would just tell Raina she must've taken something she shouldn't have and it'd fried her brain. :p

That's hilarious. :D

From all I've heard about Doc, I can easily imagine my JK and Kira sending him on Underworld Trading mission after mission, telling him every time that it's important for him to do the job right and that there's no need to hurry. I can kind of picture him standing there at the ship's door, getting irate with a very apologetic C2 who's telling him that the master has said he's simply not allowed back onto the ship yet. :p

And my SI would just shove everyone else off and tell them to get lost for a while. With lightning as extra added motivation. :rak_09:

That's hilarious. :D

From all I've heard about Doc, I can easily imagine my JK and Kira sending him on Underworld Trading mission after mission, telling him every time that it's important for him to do the job right and that there's no need to hurry. I can kind of picture him standing there at the ship's door, getting irate with a very apologetic C2 who's telling him that the master has said he's simply not allowed back onto the ship yet. :p

And my SI would just shove everyone else off and tell them to get lost for a while. With lightning as extra added motivation. :rak_09:

Somewhat off-topic, but that reminds me of a part in the BH romance with Mako...

where they look around and everyone else is off the ship. Pretty much every option leads to a fade to black. But they don't really say what they're doing. He's just like, "I can think of a good use for an empty ship." (or something like that.) Maybe after the fade out, Mako was like, "Laser tag?" And he's like, "This is why I love you." And awesome laser tag commences. (And then when Blizz got back, he'd be depressed about missing out.)

Edited by MollyDresden

Hm, about my earlier question with regards to companion romances with existing companions, if we've completed their story-arc (that is, all the conversations), what do you think is the likelihood that they'll reset our conversation, but not the affection?

I'm guessing that we'll be stuffed. But then I maintain that if one has low enough expectations, one can always be pleasantly surprised. Or crushingly vindicated.

What do you think is the likelihood that they'll reset our conversation, but not the affection?

I don't think they'll want to risk the rainbow nerdrage that is likely to happen if companions who become available for SGR are unavailable beause you've already gotten a too high affection level with them. :p

But just to be on the safe side, I'll personally avoid playing any more on my SW now that I'm gonna meet Quinn xD

I don't think they'll want to risk the rainbow nerdrage that is likely to happen if companions who become available for SGR are unavailable beause you've already gotten a too high affection level with them. :p

But just to be on the safe side, I'll personally avoid playing any more on my SW now that I'm gonna meet Quinn xD

Agreed. As I've said before, it doesn't seem possible to miss out on companion conversations by not doing them, so it seems likely that SGR-available companions will just suddenly have a ton of new things to say if their affection is maxed.

I agree with not playing the characters just in case, though. I'm generally an optimist, but things can always go horribly wrong. :eek: Also, I don't want to miss out on chances to [Flirt] with companions before the romance starts, as I've seen that option on every character who's interacted with a future romantic prospect. The thought of my scary-creepy SI flirting with someone amuses me - she chose to shock Andronikos instead of flirting with him - but there's a reason I haven't started her on chapter 2 yet...

Also: "rainbow nerdrage" is my new favorite phrase from this thread. :D

Edited by MusedMoose

Any word on 1.4 yet? I'm still looking forward to rerolling my JK and getting with Kira. Mmmmm gotta love them Irish Redheads. Going to have to make my JK a Chiss, too. Because Kira needs to realize that Once You Go Blue, NOTHING Else Will Do. :D

Any word on 1.4 yet? I'm still looking forward to rerolling my JK and getting with Kira. Mmmmm gotta love them Irish Redheads. Going to have to make my JK a Chiss, too. Because Kira needs to realize that Once You Go Blue, NOTHING Else Will Do. :D

Chiss are IT. That is all. :cool:

(Rainbow Nerdrage! LOL)

Edited by Zandilar

No word on 1.4, and I expect it'll be at least a week or two before we start hearing stuff about it. No, I have nothing to back this up, it's just a hunch. :)

As for the rest, damn right. :D I plan to make my female Smuggler a Chiss, and she'll teach Risha much the same thing. I can only hope female Smugglers will get as many options to flirt with women as the male Smugglers do, or at least with Risha; I totally want my Scoundrel to hit on Risha every chance she gets. :p

Pity female characters don't have a dreadlocks hair option, so I can't make her look quite this awesome. But I'll do my best.