Hahaha Legacy Storage only has 5 tabs for 50 million credits

Transairion

Idk about spending CC's to get Housing Unlocks but I know I will be spending quite a lot of credits and time in decorating my house on Tat, prolly start on NS to get used to it.

Great I hope you enjoy it.

I like ING housing in general, but weighing this stuff out so far it doesn't hold enough appeal for me to bother with.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legacy Storage is being touted as mostly being useful for crafting materials (we all know it's not good for much else!).

Sorry, disagree. Given that getting to a Stronghold and back takes about 30 seconds, Legacy Storage becomes an excellent shared Weapons Locker for your legacy.

For example: last night my wife and I were finishing the Makeb story line on Makeb on our Jugs. Using a DPS companions wasn't getting the job done on the fight with the Archon, so I borrowed a set of Legacy Aim gear from another alt, put it on Treek, and even though the fight glitched took the Archon down.

That took a few minutes because I had to log off, log on to the alt, mail stuff, log off, log on, get a mail droid, regroup, etc. Then later I had to send all the gear back and repeat the process in reverse.

If only I had my Stronghold, I thought! I could have QT'd to the Stronghold, grabbed the gear from Legacy Storage, QTd back - in less than a minute. And later I'd repeat the process to put the gear back. All without even leaving the group.

It's a bit over priced for it's function.

How is one tab for free overpriced? It's a bargain.

If it allowed the transfer of BoE gear to legacy toons then I could see having a massive upfront fee, not only to store those BoE equipment but for the ability to transfer them to legacy alts.

It does allow Bind-on-Equip (BoE) gear to be stored and transferred, and Bound-to-Legacy gear as well. You just cannot regular Bound gear in it.

Another thing I don't get is why they decided to put all of this ultra-expensive stuff in one patch. So, now if my guild wants a ship, I need to contribute a significant number of credits to get that. If I want legacy storage, I need to spend a significant number of credits to unlock that. If I want more than one stronghold, I have to spend a significant number of credits to unlock that. If I want to decorate my stronghold... well, you get the point.

I'm certainly not opposed to being patient. I have to be patient already because I play casually. But doing any ONE of these things will take me several months. It could take years if I want to partake in all of it. I already do a LOT of picking and choosing for content. Lots of people do. Now we're getting cut out of some interesting new content just because BW decided that everyone can just sneeze and be rich in the game. :mad:

Why drop all of this at once? Couldn't it have been introduced a little more thoughtfully, over time? At least I would have had the false hope of making progress for a little while. Now I just... I just don't and I just won't.

Just pretend they didn't drop it all at once, but instead dropped it in exactly the priority order you would have liked it to be dropped in. Then acquire the things in that priority order.

Just pretend they didn't drop it all at once, but instead dropped it in exactly the priority order you would have liked it to be dropped in. Then acquire the things in that priority order.

Yeah, it's going to be great around this time next year when I can afford the second tab of legacy storage. :rolleyes:

How is one tab for free overpriced? It's a bargain.

Sorry but one tab wont even hold just the high end mats I have on one toon.

A maximum of 5 tabs for 50 million is not nearly enough to hold all the mats I have across every toon for every gathering profession.

It is overpriced for it's limited usage.

It does allow Bind-on-Equip (BoE) gear to be stored and transferred, and Bound-to-Legacy gear as well. You just cannot regular Bound gear in it.

And my point is that even if it's already bound, for 50 million credits, you should be able to take off your bound implant and send it to your alt which might just be your RP wife.

for 50 million credits the Legacy storage should act more like a legacy gear in how it transfers bound items. It needs more functionality for that kind of credit drop as well as more space.

Edited by Quraswren

Ding. The target customer base can afford to buy it. We just don't have a reason to buy it.

What you mean "we"? I have a reason, two other players I run with have a reason, and we will all be expanding the Legacy Storage to the max on the day of release for a combination of credits and CC's. All three of us have run on the PTS, we all like the Strongholds quite a bit, and we all know how we will be using the Legacy Storage tabs.

BW might drop the price later, just like they did with Rise of the Hutts. We don't care. For us, it's worth it at the current PTS prices. YMMV, but at least you get one tab for free, right? Start using that, you'll probably be back for more.

That's probably why BW is giving it to you for free but only a first taste. It's a classic tactic.

50 million credits? Hell, most players don't play TOR long enough to cumulatively accumulate that many credits.

I wonder what crackpipe BW was smoking from when they made this pricing decision.

Just because you don't have it doesn't mean that the rest of us don't have it.

Great I hope you enjoy it.

I like ING housing in general, but weighing this stuff out so far it doesn't hold enough appeal for me to bother with.

Nor I, not at the price, not with the zero information we have on why we should even bother. **** it, I'll keep mailing junk. 50 mil for both the guild ship AND another 50 mil for legacy storage unlocks is crazy high. No chance it's worth it right now, not to me.

Nor I, not at the price, not with the zero information we have on why we should even bother. **** it, I'll keep mailing junk. 50 mil for both the guild ship AND another 50 mil for legacy storage unlocks is crazy high. No chance it's worth it right now, not to me.

That 50 mil is just for the base ship if what the rumors say is true unlocking the full ship could cost anywhere between 130 to 150 mil if not more.

Granted all the prices currently on the PTS are not set in stone and can be changed by release of early access but if they aren't as I've said before I see GSH failing hard.

Edited by Anaesha

Sorry but one tab wont even hold just the high end mats I have on one toon.

Does it need to, to be useful? Our is it useful to have high-end shared mats, that are used by more than one crafter, there? Is it useful to only have the harder-to-get mats (e.g. thermal regulators, which at least three different crafters use to make Augments) in Legacy Storage, and keep the common stuff like Mythra and Turadium on the crafting toons themselves? Seems to me even a single tab would be useful for that - and for other shared resources like stims and adrenals and Legacy gear.

It is overpriced for it's limited usage.

No, it isn't. Legacy Storage expansion is too expensive for you. I, however, think it is worth the price.

I might be BW's target market. Give me more of what I want, BW, I'll pay you well for it! :) But not P2W, that's no fun.

And my point is that even if it's already bound, for 50 million credits, you should be able to take off your bound implant and send it to your alt which might just be your RP wife.

Just because Legacy Storage doesn't give you every thing your greedy little heart desires, that doesn't make it useless or overpriced. You just have unrealistic expectations. And BTW, only BW has the right to say what a game feature should do. All you have the right to say is what you want it to do.

Your "It doesn't give me EVERYTHING so even the FREE part is useless" attitude strikes me as infantile, frankly.

That 50 mil is just for the base ship if what the rumors say is true unlocking the full ship could cost anywhere between 130 to 150 mil if not more.

Granted all the prices currently on the PTS are not set in stone and can be changed by release of early access but if they aren't as I've said before I see GSH failing hard.

I completely agree.

Hooks=hooks. I'm not getting into a debate with you about it Reno. There's nothing to be "fair" about - it was clear from the streams just how freaking limited hooks were. There are a lotta hooks, but it's still 100% a hook system.

You really should jump on and test it IMO. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as I expected it to be based on the visual evidence from the streams.

...Still pretty bad though.

You really should jump on and test it IMO. It wasn't anywhere near as bad as I expected it to be based on the visual evidence from the streams.

...Still pretty bad though.

I have no desire to. I know how I feel about it and I know what I've seen. I'm not basing my opinion on rumors...I've watched the streams.

No, it isn't. Legacy Storage expansion is too expensive for you. I, however, think it is worth the price.

I might be BW's target market. Give me more of what I want, BW, I'll pay you well for it! :) But not P2W, that's no fun.

Comparitively speaking, for what other games offer, this is overpriced. Funny that you don't want a P2W system because that's no fun, but people who don't want an overpriced storage system for the same reason are in the wrong? Someone needs to think a little deeper, I believe.

I have no desire to. I know how I feel about it and I know what I've seen. I'm not basing my opinion on rumors...I've watched the streams.

And not to mention that BW made the whole PTS a pointless waste of time and drive space a long, long time ago. After the first wipe of the PTS I uninstalled to free up some room for other games' PTSes that do a much better job at testing and keeping the realm interesting and populated.

Edited by TravelersWay

50 million credits? Hell, most players don't play TOR long enough to cumulatively accumulate that many credits.

And how do you know that? Rare mounts and Revan statutues sell for 5 million on Harbinger. Sell for that. People have spent millions trying to get the Rancor on Nar Shadaaa. To me, that says there are plenty of players, all with the "Exorbitantly Wealthy" title, with millions of credits they don't know what to do with. For them, BW offers Galactic Strongholds and Legacy Storage.

And then there are the people who buy Hypercrates, each of which cost more CCs than two tabs of Legacy storage. For them, BioWare offers ... Legacy Storage. :)

Unlike you, BioWare knows how many players can afford to max their Legacy Storage, using creds and/or CCs.

One thing I will say is that with the proper terminals and the Legacy storage, coupled with the fact that you can travel to your stronghold from almost anywhere and return to your prior location this feature becomes pretty useful to the average person IMO.

If you don't like housing or the prices, you can use it a common point of convenience and travel. Allowing a mod station is a big plus IMO.

Also, dropping a Cargo Bay right next to the Legacy Storage can provide some convenience, even with one bay. You can pick out what you need for the other character and simply drop it in the bay.

And how do you know that? Rare mounts and Revan statutues sell for 5 million on Harbinger. Sell for that. People have spent millions trying to get the Rancor on Nar Shadaaa. To me, that says there are plenty of players, all with the "Exorbitantly Wealthy" title, with millions of credits they don't know what to do with. For them, BW offers Galactic Strongholds and Legacy Storage.

And then there are the people who buy Hypercrates, each of which cost more CCs than two tabs of Legacy storage. For them, BioWare offers ... Legacy Storage. :)

Unlike you, BioWare knows how many players can afford to max their Legacy Storage, using creds and/or CCs.

But you see, the problem is, QoL features should be for everyone, not a select few. Unless of course you would be willing to pay to have Group Finder, a customizable UI, et al. QoL features that are gated behind paywalls are historically poor game design.

Just because you don't have it doesn't mean that the rest of us don't have it.

Who said I didn't have the cash? What was that people say about making assumptions? I've been playing since launch so yeah, I have enough at the present to unlock everything.

What I'm actually saying here is that the cost versus benefit simply doesn't even come close to matching up in this case.

But you see, the problem is, QoL features should be for everyone, not a select few. Unless of course you would be willing to pay to have Group Finder, a customizable UI, et al. QoL features that are gated behind paywalls are historically poor game design.

^ Bingo

Does it need to, to be useful?

In terms of credits vs usefulness? Yes, it needs to be more useful. Currently it barely fits the bill but for 50 mil for 5 tabs, it's a limited benefit for an exorbitant amount not many have.

Our is it useful to have high-end shared mats, that are used by more than one crafter, there? Is it useful to only have the harder-to-get mats (e.g. thermal regulators, which at least three different crafters use to make Augments) in Legacy Storage, and keep the common stuff like Mythra and Turadium on the crafting toons themselves? Seems to me even a single tab would be useful for that - and for other shared resources like stims and adrenals and Legacy gear.

and as I said, it's limited in usefulness. I didn't say, not useful at all but not nearly what it should be for 50 mil.

No, it isn't.

Yes, it is.

Legacy Storage expansion is too expensive for you.

It's limiting to everyone both in capacity and usage. Doesn't matter how little or how much you get out of it on a personal level, for the limited space and for the high cost, it's limited in usefulness.

I, however, think it is worth the price.

You may be. Most business run on the aspect of a fool and his money will soon be parted. Spend that credit or cash for mediocre and thats all fine if you want to or even think it's worth it but don't delude yourself into thinking it's more than bare minimum useful in it's current start for the cost.

Just because Legacy Storage doesn't give you every thing your greedy little heart desires, that doesn't make it useless or overpriced.

Correct, it makes it of limited usefulness for an over-inflated price. There is a difference there.

You just have unrealistic expectations.

Not so much given how anything with the name legacy seems to work in the game. No real reason to limit legacy storage as it is for the massive cost it's being sold as.

And BTW, only BW has the right to say what a game feature should do. All you have the right to say is what you want it to do.

I can also be negative about it should I need to. I can also call it limited usefulness when that is what it is given the space constraint, limits in it's actual legacy ability and inflated price. Doesn't matter how well biowares PR department spins it.

Your "It doesn't give me EVERYTHING so even the FREE part is useless" attitude strikes me as infantile, frankly.

It doesn't do enough for it's design is entirely different. No matter how much is given away for free. The entire legacy storage meets a bare minimum standard of usefulness. To get to the point where it can be a major useful feature across all crafters its takes a over-inflated price and might still might not hold all your crafting mats then.

There is a difference between being useless (which I didn't say) and being of limited use VS being useful.

Edited by Quraswren