General Addition of Color Variations

zerorsw

So we've all seen the many requests for color dyes. Weather it was on the forums, in-game or chatting with your guildies. The problem I see with the idea behind dyes is BW has already commented in the past about dyes, and how they can't do it; Its why they implemented the Color Unify system. So rather than request something I feel is unreasonable I think simply asking them to add a larger variety of colors for gear is more ideal. Moving on..

Okay so I think we all understand that there is plenty of Brown, Grey, Black, Red and various shades there of. But that's about it though. Rather than introducing an armor set/piece on the cartel market in one color variation, give us a couple of options. I'll use the Valiant Jedi set as an example; imagine if when you went to purchase the set it presented a window where you could select of a couple of different color variations.

I was wondering if anyone else was going to poke their heads in here. While it was only a bump I do appreciate the response. While I understand individual armor set suggestions in see in this forum section; I still feel a more generalized suggestion is needed.

The simple fact is I think we need more variation in color, period.

/signed

If there was a silver/black version of the Valiant robes, I'd buy them on the spot. Maybe a green version, white, grey, etc. Jedi robes have far too much brown, not enough of everything else. Look how many ppl are wearing the Destroyer robes. :)

I like this idea. Also maybe a color wheel set up so we can choose which color combinations we want would be nice; does not need to be a dye system (such as I have seen on Perfect World - where their market had dyes you could buy at random, instead of really getting to choose the colors you want).

I'm sure that a better system could be created for TOR's Cartel Market - or just added into the game regularly.

I like this idea. Also maybe a color wheel set up so we can choose which color combinations we want would be nice; does not need to be a dye system ...

I feel that idea in general would be too close to a dye system. I think the best way to go would be to offer a selection of maybe three or four different colors for the chest piece(at the very least) when purchasing a set. An example, again I use the Jedi Valiant set; When you go to purchase it, it presents you with a window containing the 4 different color variations available for you to select as well as preview before you purchase.

Again I feel the simple idea of giving more color options to sets (even the ones on the cartel market already), would be profitable for Bioware. It would also give the consumers (us players) a sense of selection and variety that many may feel still is lacking in the game.

If they can't do a dye system, which honestly I have a hard time believing. Then selling each set of clothes in a wide range of color sets would be the next best thing. Especially if they added vanity slots. So you could put the clothes you want to look like in them and in the other slots the most effective ones. i know with orange gear you can slot them how you want but I would still likely to see vanity slots.

While I get where you're coming from Nutluck; I don't think that vanity slots will ever happen either. It wouldn't make any business sense for them to do that. That aside though, again I agree additional color variations when a set is released would be best course of action to add more variety.

I feel that idea in general would be too close to a dye system. I think the best way to go would be to offer a selection of maybe three or four different colors for the chest piece(at the very least) when purchasing a set. An example, again I use the Jedi Valiant set; When you go to purchase it, it presents you with a window containing the 4 different color variations available for you to select as well as preview before you purchase.

Again I feel the simple idea of giving more color options to sets (even the ones on the cartel market already), would be profitable for Bioware. It would also give the consumers (us players) a sense of selection and variety that many may feel still is lacking in the game.

Ever check out Second Life? In Second Life, you could make your own outfits, and pick the colors from a color wheel - no currency involved (SL has Lindens; TOR has Credits and Cartel Coins; and I think most other games go with Coins or Tokens).

You don't have to buy the colors - the color wheel would be part of the 'Unify Colors', if it was just applied to the top.... then you'd hit 'Unify Colors', and the rest of your outfit would get matched to the colors you picked. I thought this idea sounded much better than dyes.

Edited by SWLoveAngel