Unicorn Stampede has a legit ranked team.

totherkins

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very pleasantly surprised at the enthusiam of everyone that joined the ops group. I also thought the level of play we showcased was very decent for first timers.

And foxmob, see, Uncensored didn't completely kill ranked yet :D I'll try to convince Jinxs to post in this thread or the other one about finding some days where pug ranked will be planned and no full LD50 or uncensored will queue. I think Devil and I have shown our good will tonight, hopefully people will compromise!

I was very pleasantly surprised at the enthusiam of everyone that joined the ops group. I also thought the level of play we showcased was very decent for first timers.

And foxmob, see, Uncensored didn't completely kill ranked yet :D I'll try to convince Jinxs to post in this thread or the other one about finding some days where pug ranked will be planned and no full LD50 or uncensored will queue. I think Devil and I have shown our good will tonight, hopefully people will compromise!

lol I'm not going to sit there in a kick-ball pug against uncensored and ld50. no offense but...they win. good job. you're better. move along. as it was, there are so few imps that when some of the uncensored aren't on their own team, it's enough muscle to make a game of it with the unicorns relatively new team. sure. if they're in the queue with like 5 other options so it's not the same team every time. historically...that won't happen. the top guilds will weed out the field. the good players from the also rans will join one of the 2...maybe 3 top guilds. the same 2 or 3 grps will be in Q against ghosts.

hey, maybe that's not how it will go. as long as there are competitive matches (as in my team isn't getting rofl-stomped and spawn camped continually) I'll keep Qing. prior experience tells me that's not how it will go. but who knows? maybe I'm just butthurt cuz my guild's rated revival joined the kiddies in the pool and now the kick-ball is more or less caput.

edit: btw, thanks for the effort devil and the advice unreal. I learn a lot more talking with you in these things (as I do with cm et al.). :D

Edited by foxmob

His pub toon is Fear with alt codes in the e and a.

I remember him trash talking in lowbie... Can't wait to destroy him. :)

Yeeep, I recall him trashing my Assassin in Lowbie to, he was running a 49 while I was aprox 40ish. Fun fun. And yesss I know I'm not in Unicorn (nor do I have intentions to be) but I have taken a sudden interest in post-49 PvP Imp Side. xD

-Carnihilüs

I was pleasantly surprised with Devil last night. He set up PuG on the Imp Side, something i never thought Devil would do. He lost 80 rating! poor Devil.... I had a great time and so did the rest of the guys from Hakuna.

Now to adress the topic of Uncesored and LD50 days, I don't believe in such a day where pugs dont have to worry. I think the thought of us possibly if not probably getting a full team against us keeps me on my toes. Now, I dont think that those guilds should rely on smash and bubble, this would give us the fighting chance. Last night we did not use smash, but lost Very Very close games to those with several.

I think that fighting full guilds is great training. Playing against good players and compositions with good team work is, imho, the best way to learn and prosper in competitive PvP.

To conclude, I don't think that these full teams should be gimped. Now, i will miss Ilye, my master strategist, but, at least i know his strategies. For instance, last night in huttball, Ilye and Devil were both (on opposing teams) at the ball spawn ready with entrech, flashbang, and cover pulse.

So good luck, I am saving my ranked coms for looks not stats =p aren't i cool with my super tanky 21k health!

thought we had you in the CW. :(

Yeah that was damn close. We need to get our Assassins into outlaws and whip them into shape when it comes to cap stopping in Civil. *cracks whip*

But yeah between that game and the Ancient hypergates where we literally lost both nodes in the first round (to a 3 stealth, 3/4 heals team LOL) and somehow managed to win the game in the last round I'm not sure how I didnt have a nervous breakdown haha :p

But seriously, despite the crazy healy healy stealthy stealthy comps the Imp pugs that devil ran you guys really put up good fights and on another day could have easily have won. Good to see some names I haven't really seen before (sorry to alcmene US's own sorc healer who was in the pug group and took a whopping 800k dmg :p), definitely shows potential in imps to put together teams that can hang with full guild teams so long as they have some coordination which I believe was key to their success, props to devil and Vahilo for that.

We queue every wednesday with our main team at the moment and are looking to expand to running more diverse teams on Fridays if possible.

Yeeep, I recall him trashing my Assassin in Lowbie to, he was running a 49 while I was aprox 40ish. Fun fun. And yesss I know I'm not in Unicorn (nor do I have intentions to be) but I have taken a sudden interest in post-49 PvP Imp Side. xD

-Carnihilüs

You have much to learn before you understand Fear. I look forward to your "interest."

We'll be queuing again tonight around 8ish.

Looks like we might be missing some of our regular Team Echo players so might be subbing in 2/3 newer people to get them experience.

So any teams that might fancy queuing tonight would definitely appreciate the competition so we can get some experience for our more "ranked newbies" in the guild.

Thanks

X

Thanks to the LD/uncen superpug that was running last night,

ALthough we took a whooping at least we got a rank queue after waiting over an hour for one, at least was good too play you guys in a friendly atmosphere.

Hopefully we will be closer to Full strength with Team Echo next Wed when we run again. Hope to see you guys there, maybe even full guild groups?

Xil

Just want to specify it wasn't only LD50 and Uncensored in that super pug group. 1 GAF, 1 Einherjar, 1 Bad Rep, 2 LD50, 3 Uncensored. The reason I'm mentioning it is to say that I don't think a super pug group need to have only LD50/Uncensored players, many guilds have top tier players without having a full 8 of them.

Just want to specify it wasn't only LD50 and Uncensored in that super pug group. 1 GAF, 1 Einherjar, 1 Bad Rep, 2 LD50, 3 Uncensored. The reason I'm mentioning it is to say that I don't think a super pug group need to have only LD50/Uncensored players, many guilds have top tier players without having a full 8 of them.

Agreed! I mean seriously I get yelled at for making a stack team!:p whenever you want Barbs let me know Ilye.

Dependent on if we can get a half decent team on we might be able to run some tonight seeing Its not a PvE day in guild.

Will see how it goes, if any other guilds are interested hit me up in the ORIGINAL pvp channel created by the one and only :p (you have no idea how hard it was to set that up across multiple guilds on imp side with all the bad blood backk when i fist made it......respect meh authoooritaaaay)

/cjoin imppvp

hit me up and I'll see if we can get a team going

X

Dependent on if we can get a half decent team on we might be able to run some tonight seeing Its not a PvE day in guild.

Will see how it goes, if any other guilds are interested hit me up in the ORIGINAL pvp channel created by the one and only :p (you have no idea how hard it was to set that up across multiple guilds on imp side with all the bad blood backk when i fist made it......respect meh authoooritaaaay)

/cjoin imppvp

hit me up and I'll see if we can get a team going

X

I am down! ill hit up the channel like usual.