(Pyrotech) Bored of using healer companions while leveling, Any recommendations?

Sideblaze

Title.

I'm able to buy gear for whatever one is recommended over Mako most, I'm personally thinking Torian/Blizz (No skadge yet.) but i hear that Blizz is a weak little bugger for whatever reason. And that Torian doesn't have much AOE.

Any suggestions for companions(Besides mako and HK)/how to gear it are thanked in advance.

I use Torian. He is an awesome mdps when geared. I would suggest buying a adv reflex barrel 24 ASAP for his mainhand. Only time I use Mako is when I'm soloing a 100k+ HP boss (she does keep me alive). However, when you are running dailies it makes things a lot faster to have Torian out.

If you are going to gear out a new DPS companion, have you considered HK-51?

If you dont want him, Id go with Torian. Most companions have 1 or 2 AoEs, same with Torian. But I turn them off for the few times when I'm using concussion missile.

Blizz is weaker because he is a tank and has a couple tanky abilities instead of the full DPS list of abilities. But they would be very close in damage output if you actually like Blizz. (In this case you would put him in DPS stance and treat him 100% like a DPS companion...no shield/absorb)

Blizz is weaker because he is a tank and has a couple tanky abilities instead of the full DPS list of abilities. But they would be very close in damage output if you actually like Blizz. (In this case you would put him in DPS stance and treat him 100% like a DPS companion...no shield/absorb)

"Close" is kind of stretching it. Melee DPS companions do about 300 more DPS than tank companions in DPS gear (which is to say, almost twice as much)

Edited by RendValor