Cybertech grenades Ruining Warzones

Royox

Gernades are part of what make PvP in this game strategic and fun. They are available to everyone either though crafting them or purchasing them for a low price on the auction house. If you are in a decent PVP guild, you probably have access to hundreds in the guild bank. In close games, the proper use of CC wins objectives. This is a strategic point that many "bads" don't understand. They throw their CC out all willy nilly and get frustrated when they can't cap a node or they get stunned and cannot prevent a cap.

Get some gernades, learn to use them, and profit.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way Resolve works/ignores these, is another issue altogether. CC's are out of flipping control in this game. The mines/grenades aren't the only problem.

Boom Goes the Dynamite!!

All the crying makes me want to barf... Just change resolve to the way it was... It was fine for the most part...

I don't understand why are they still used on WZ's. It's stupid. If a crewskill can have PVP advantadges over the others...make ALL Crew Skills have something to do with PvP.

I don't agree that these grenades are unfair and that the Cybertech crew skill has an unfair PvP advantage as a result. Since these grenades are a consumable, they can be purchased on the GTN or acquired from friends who can make them.

However, I do believe there is already too much CC in the game and that these grenades put additional stress on everyone's CC Breaker. Rather than eliminating these items from PvP, I think BW should implement an equivalent Anti-CC consumable. In another thread someone suggested Anti-CC Stims. Rather than nerfing Cybertech grenades, introduce some Anti-CC Stims that we can all use. Would go a long way to helping clean up the CC spam in current PvP.

Edited by DarthOvertone

I just don't find those nades FAIR on warzones. It's giving a Crew Skill an advantadge over the other ppl by adding 1 SKILL THAT STUNS, CUT CASTS AND STOPS PPL TRYING TO KITE.

I don't understand why are they still used on WZ's. It's stupid. If a crewskill can have PVP advantadges over the others...make ALL Crew Skills have something to do with PvP.

I'm armormech....give me +100% armor -.-

pd: Sorry bad english :_

Bla bla bla... keep cry baby.... Go and up cybertech too....

This is a very good post that nicely sums up the argument for the OP.

While it is true that grenades can be used by anyone, can be acquired cheaply or crafted by an alt, giving every class a ground targetable long-range AoE mez disrupts balance to a significant degree.

ummm how is it disrupting balance when everyone has them

ummm how is it disrupting balance when the devs balanced the warzones with grenades in mind

ummm how is it disrupting balance simply because you're so cheap and lazy that you wont use them yourself

oh wait, i see how it's not balanced. quit being lazy!

ummm how is it disrupting balance when everyone has them

ummm how is it disrupting balance when the devs balanced the warzones with grenades in mind

ummm how is it disrupting balance simply because you're so cheap and lazy that you wont use them yourself

oh wait, i see how it's not balanced. quit being lazy!

Not sure where you're getting that from - I buy grenades, I have an alt making grenades, and I use the grenades. Necessary to be competitive.

It disrupts balance because it breaks the rock-paper-scissor paradigm. It's like giving all the rocks and papers little pointy sharp blades.

Not sure where you're getting that from - I buy grenades, I have an alt making grenades, and I use the grenades. Necessary to be competitive.

It disrupts balance because it breaks the rock-paper-scissor paradigm. It's like giving all the rocks and papers little pointy sharp blades.

how is an aoe mez that breaks on damage breaking the rock paper scissors setup?

I dont mind nades, IF the allow me to use adrenals in pvp again. More CC in this game is retarded, straight up, and having an aoe grenade that stuns for 4 seconds is even more so. All you "pro" players who claim that grenades are part of strategy, cant you just win without it? If the answer is YES then we should do away with them.

I dont mind nades, IF the allow me to use adrenals in pvp again. More CC in this game is retarded, straight up, and having an aoe grenade that stuns for 4 seconds is even more so. All you "pro" players who claim that grenades are part of strategy, cant you just win without it? If the answer is YES then we should do away with them.

Can win without them for sure, that was never the point.

I also agree that they should allow the adrenals back in since the nades are still allowed to be used. It really should be all or nothing but since it's not I would not hate to see them take out the grenades. They should just take out stims then by this logic as well. They could also dismiss the ability to add augments into your gear since this is craft-able stuff we are talking about and only 3 crew skills can make augment kits, let alone augments in general, right?

However, they are still in the game and to complain about them in the manner of the OP doesn't warrant a credible response. My question would be why they are still allowed, along with all the other craft-able items, and adrenals are not? Rather than take this out of the game and take that out of the game.

Discussions on PvP mechanics are impossible to have with most that post in these forums anyways as they'd rather cry nerf rather than being rational. I am far from Pro, just not a crybaby.

Edited by Master_Nate

Cybertech grenades in Warzones should just do damage or apply a damage reduction.

Keep the profession useful, but change it in a way that lessens the amount of CC.

Nice, a logical approach with an idea from a member of PvP. Be careful though, you are about to blow most people's mind and/or get flamed by people who throw terms like "pro" or "baddies" around.

Edited by Master_Nate

Cybertech grenades in Warzones should just do damage or apply a damage reduction.

Keep the profession useful, but change it in a way that lessens the amount of CC.

They nerfed CT grenades back around launch time because stealth classes were using them in accordance with their burst damage to quickly kill people. Your idea would just create a different kind of whine from people.

There's no solution that will stop the whine, so I say keep the nades as is.

Could someone help a pathetic cybertecher out? Which of these grenades is so cool in PVP? The freeze grenade is just a root, not a mez. Are people talking about the stuns? The Seismic? The Neuroshock?

As said, seismic is good for stuns. Slime is good too, for slows. And I like to throw a burn on top of my Flyby as mez is moot at that point.

Everyone can get them, they're balanced. Cybertechs get the advantage of only having to make themselves a reusable purple so they don't have to purchase more, maybe make some money off crafting and selling. Which makes Cybertech crewskill a financial benefit, not a PvP benefit, because grenades and so their effects are available to all.

The "we don't need extra cc" argument is a matter of taste, and is correct if you personally want to remove sources of cc. I can understand that. I'd say we already have them, so they're not actually "extra" cc. I don't mind them, as has been said above, they provide an extra wrinkle to gameplay, and the 3min cooldown means you don't get to throw them like confetti but need to save them for when they're most useful.

On the point of adding to gameplay, I kind of liked the idea of creating a CC-cleanse craftable. Add to gameplay rather than remove.

Edited by Wainamoinen