Honor Duel Round 1: Canderous Ordo vs. Artus Lok

Welcome to the Honor Duel! Based on the classic Mandalorian tradition of the dueling ring, these fights will not include any Jedi–Force sensitives need not apply! The rules are simple: survive! Let's meet our first combatants:

Canderous Ordo (Mandalore the Preserver): Canderous Ordo was a young soldier during the Mandalorian Wars who made his mark on the Republic. When the war ended, he became a mercenary for hire, feared even on backwater worlds like Taris. When he found Mandalore's mask, he took up the task of reuniting the Mandalorian clans under his banner.

Artus Lok (Mandalore the Vindicated): Not much is known about the mysterious Artus Lok, but he is revered for his skill in battle. When Mandalore the Lesser called for the first Great Hunt, Lok defeated the previous Mandalore and took his position. Lok is firmly in the Empire's camp, and many suspect him of being a plant.

Battle Skills:

Canderous Ordo was renowned as one of the great warriors of his time. Traditionally, he used a customized heavy assault rifle in combat, though he was also known to use smaller-arms weapons and even vibroweapons from time to time. By the time he met Meetra Surik, Ordo had exchanged his assault cannon for a repeating blaster, similarly customized. Ordo was physically fit, and a capable hand-to-hand fighter.

Not much is known of Artus Lok's combat skills–however, he did defeat Mandalore the Lesser in combat, and the Lesser, in turn, had defeated all previous challengers. This says a great deal about Lok's skill. He was a physically large man, and likely very powerful.

Armor:

Canderous Ordo was known to wear a simple combat uniform–tan trousers, a black shirt, and brown vest. The only piece of his Mandalorian armor he kept during this time was his heavy pair of armored boots. However, he did later take to wearing Mandalore's armor, which fully protected his body.

Artus Lok, as Mandalore the Vindicated, wore a customized set of gold-and-red armor. This armor was thick and full-body.

Who will win?

Problem with Artus fighting Mandlore the lesser, the Lesser while he had skill and fought in the Geonosisan Arena. Imperial Intelligence sabotaged his opponents, so they weren't exactly fighting on even grounds and he didn't really kill any other Mandlore's he just took the title. Hence the name Mandlore the Lesser, while Artus killing Lesser is a feat...it isn't a real spectacular one.

Now if were using as they are, then Canderous isn't as young(and isn't as strong) as he used to be and he pretty much states this himself.

"I've fought countless battles–ones most didn't walk away from. The wounds add up–and even the implants are all that keeps me going sometimes. I may have been stronger in my youth–and stupider–but now I've got to rely more on my armor, my weapons, and my cunning."

―Ordo, to Meetra Surik

Now if were going by, both of them are using what weapons they have at their disposal then I may give my edge to Ordo if only for the fact we haven't really see Artus do much of anything.

As an avid fan of the Mandalorians I will abstain from this vote. Both are leaders that tried to unite the clans. But I do feel over the two games Mandalore the Preserver was fleshed out would add to his victory, whereas Artus has not been seen much in combat.

As an avid fan of the Mandalorians I will abstain from this vote. Both are leaders that tried to unite the clans. But I do feel over the two games Mandalore the Preserver was fleshed out would add to his victory, whereas Artus has not been seen much in combat.

But! You did just vote! I mean you didn't really state flat out, but you kinda did in a way. :p

But! You did just vote! I mean you didn't really state flat out, but you kinda did in a way. :p

Lol true enough. I was meaning in how the character respond in combat, rather than skill. Canderous was as always the best guy in a fire fight, but since I never went into battle with Artus, like I did with Canderous in Kotor 1&2 .... I don't have an opinion on his capabilities. This is why Jensaarai on youtube need Non-Force user vs Non-Force user vids with his other ones.

Edited by darthnamel
error

Lol true enough. I was meaning in how the character respond in combat, rather than skill. Canderous was as always the best guy in a fire fight, but since I never went into battle with Artus, like I did with Canderous in Kotor 1&2 .... I don't have an opinion on his capabilities. This is why Jensaarai on youtube need Non-Force user vs Non-Force user vids with his other ones.

Artus isn't a companion he is just an NPC in SWTOR. :p So he isn't really gonna have anything in the way of combat abilities, until more canonized information is put forth.

No one else has any input on this?

There really isn't anything else, Ordo wins just due to him having more showcasing of his feats(among other things of information). Artus beating a Mandlore who fought in fixed fights thanks to Imperial Intel, doesn't really give him a big leg up.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Was not Artus the champion of a great hunt and if any played the BH story you will see how hard it is to win it.But that does not mean I will say that Artus wins I think Canderous will win because I know more of his combat abilities,