Gunnery Commando PvE Guide

jesseleeca

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did some editing, and added Raptus guide. I'll do the Calphayrus guide later (phases*2 makes it a pain in the a** to put down).

Interesting sidenote: For Corruptor Zero, you can kill him before he jumps up to do his big laser (we did it last week with 15 people) but hilariously the 1st laser still goes off and the adds still spawn.

In other news, I've got my mask from Hateful Entity and confirmed that I am bad at Assault spec. We now have the hardest content of the game on farm and will have to wait till Apr. 8 (aka When 2.7 is Supposed to Drop) to have new stuff to do. (NiM DF!!!:D:D:D:D:D)

Edited by jesseleeca

Finished Dread Council guide, just missing Calphayus now.

Got a new mouse (the Logitech G600) and tried healing, with DPS gear, for Hateful Entity. The conclusion I reached from doing that is, at least for that fight, Commando healers are OP. On the 1st night, I was the sole commando healer and I blew everyone out, the highest I got on a run where we almost downed it was 4600ish EHPS, which is gross given I don't even know how to play the spec. So now I'm the guild's back-up healer and I got, almost a full set of gear last night, time to start practising. :cool:

• 1 month later...
All augments should be Aim, that is correct. There is no reason to have anything else.

One of the things me and some people in my guild have been trying out is dropping, yes dropping, two aim augs in favour of accuracy ones. This allows you to drop one piece of accuracy gear/enhancement while still keeping above 100% accuracy. From what we've seen, the loss in main stat is offset by the gain in other stats, such as surge.

Of course, this is up for debate and the way I'm doing things may not be the best way but it does seem to be less of a waste of stats, given that anything above 100% accuracy is exactly that, a waste.

Come 2.7 the new gear will apparently let you only need one accuracy aug, making the trade-off even better.

Edited by jesseleeca

Been wondering what folks are using for their rotation since 2.7. Personally, I've been using the following, with the bracketed skills being as rigid a sequence as possible and my opener being out of brackets: RP+TO+PG > EN > GR > [FA > DR > GR > GR > FA > HiB > HS > GR]. The sequence has been fairly ammo-neutral, and allows leeway for sprinkling EN/PG back in as necessary by dropping HS, or worst-case the middle GR from [FA > DR > GR > GR]. Obviously, I'm starting with GR such that every FA is boosted both by CoF and the Vortex debuff, but I really do get the feeling this produces very slightly less damage overall.

I've also been curious as to if there may now be some sweet spot for alacrity due to the change to CoF. Some rough math suggests that ~11% (3% APC, 2% WepCal, ~6% gear) would reduce FA's cast and the global time to match the 8s ICD almost perfectly - but that's assuming I understand how alacrity works, about which I am not entirely certain. That number also does not account for individual latency, so something less (8~10%?) may be better.

Thoughts?

Been wondering what folks are using for their rotation since 2.7. Personally, I've been using the following, with the bracketed skills being as rigid a sequence as possible and my opener being out of brackets: RP+TO+PG > EN > GR > [FA > DR > GR > GR > FA > HiB > HS > GR]. The sequence has been fairly ammo-neutral, and allows leeway for sprinkling EN/PG back in as necessary by dropping HS, or worst-case the middle GR from [FA > DR > GR > GR]. Obviously, I'm starting with GR such that every FA is boosted both by CoF and the Vortex debuff, but I really do get the feeling this produces very slightly less damage overall.

I've also been curious as to if there may now be some sweet spot for alacrity due to the change to CoF. Some rough math suggests that ~11% (3% APC, 2% WepCal, ~6% gear) would reduce FA's cast and the global time to match the 8s ICD almost perfectly - but that's assuming I understand how alacrity works, about which I am not entirely certain. That number also does not account for individual latency, so something less (8~10%?) may be better.

Thoughts?

Alacrity is as follows:

Cast time = Base Cast Time / (1 + Alacrity%)

GCD = 1.5 / (1 + Alacrity%)

This means the best alacrity you can get before it screws with procs is 12.5% in gunnery and the IR instead of GR hybrid. However this does throw off HiB and DR cooldowns.

10% Alacrity means you get an extra cooldown in the HiB and DR cooldowns for full gunnery, while still having a pretty good ICD for CoF, but once again you are gonna hit problems with the 15 second cooldown on those abilities and the ICD of CoF.

Alacrity is as follows:

I was lied to, then, 'cause that's what I originally believed and was told otherwise. My original thinking did not take into account the ACDs on HiB and DR, either. Sucks that alacrity is still so very weak, but at least we won't have to be juggling enhancements any time soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Added 1st boss on NiM DF. I'll finish the ones for Draxus and Grob'Thok, which we've downed soon™ (hopefully before my summer job starts).

I'll may add stuff on Corrupter Zero, which we're on now, before or after we down it since we have a strat that may work. Brontes will be added when we get there.

Apparently there is a word/character limit to each post and I went over it :eek:, which made me go back and delete some truly irrelevant stuff from Pre-2.0 :p

Edited by jesseleeca