This has been the smoothest launch ever

OrionPex

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Staggered is great. Would be better if the schedule was clearer, but still, I love the idea. I hate first day MMOs when people are standing in clumps to kill mobs. Spread it out. This is much better than just opening the doors and watching a mad rush of people crush each other trying to get in at the same time.

Seriously, staggering launch was a genius idea. No lag. No crashes. Kudos Bioware.

This... Great pre-launch experience, even with a ton of people actually playing.

I'll be interested to see if everything is as smooth on the 20th, but for now I'm reasonably impressed!

Smooth in-game maybe. Rocky as hell in all other aspects. Doesn't really matter how "smart" or "effective" the process is, it's clear as day there are a lot of angry people creating a negative atmosphere in all forums for the game.

Did they fix that nonsense where if you get DCed and log back in you're stuck at the end of the queue?

They wouldn't know, there are no queues, there's only a few dozen people on each server right now.

Seriously, staggering launch was a genius idea. No lag. No crashes. Kudos Bioware.

I don't know. I've played a lot of MMO's and I don't recall any early access being laggy or crashing during play. So, I find this staggering thing quite puzzling.

Just gona put this one out there RIFT didnt have a perfect launch dont get me wrong i played the game and loved it but at launch they had a major ISP that couldnt play the game was not there fault at all but you beta believe ppl were B***** and moaning about it (even me)

i'm sure any aussie with optus knows what i'm talking about

Everyone keeps saying Rift and WarHammer had as many pre-orders as SWTOR. I find that hard to believe.

I know this is purely anecdotal, but I work in an IT department and we got a lot of MMO gamers here. We got some hard core ones too. Only one of them pre-ordered Warhammer, no one had any interest in Rift(some of that might be to the fact that I was beta testing it and gave them my opinion). A couple had pre-ordered Champs Online. Never had a MMO really get as many pre-orders in our group as SWTOR has. Most of our group has pre-ordered SWTOR.

Just knowing how huge of a fanbase Star Wars has, I just find it hard to believe Rift and Warhammer had the same amount of pre-orders this game has, but I admit I could be wrong.

Regardless, when I pre-order any MMO, I never want the first time I login to be the technical equivalent to this:

Edited by BrimstoneAshe

Staggered is great. Would be better if the schedule was clearer, but still, I love the idea. I hate first day MMOs when people are standing in clumps to kill mobs. Spread it out. This is much better than just opening the doors and watching a mad rush of people crush each other trying to get in at the same time.

Just to point out, "in theory" there could be 200,000 people in the game in the same starter area and it would not matter in this game btw, as it creates instances of pretty much all zones when they become too crowded, so that's actually kind of a moot point.

Staggering is awesome for a mmo, that you play to play with friends. O wait 1/2 our group is lvl 15 now and will likely be 30 by the time everyone else is in.

Then when the second half get in the server will be full....They were only going to do 4 waves today good job to all the people complaining!

Edited by salemz

Thousands of people raging on the forum that they can't get in yet and you call it a smooth launch? The majority of players want to play and they can't, how is that in any way a smooth launch?

the players that are allowed to play are playing smooth. everyone else has no permission to play yet, so they dont count as actual people.