Game Requirements

Theosis

Did something changed compared to the last 2 beta builds?

The game ran fine (smooth) when I was invited in the stress test betas. I had sometimes high MS, and occasional drops in FPS, but on medium settings I was able to play just fine.

Today however, when I got my Early access invite and started playing, I was ok in open spaces, but had only 5-12 FPS insides buildings and tombs (Korriban/Academy). I put everything on low, disabled every feature from the graphics interface, but still - the experience didn't improve. I should mention here that the MS was okay, it wasn't a connection lag, it was a FPS Issue. I think I peaked at 27, and had as low as 5.

I consider it playable only from 20 and upwards.

My system:

Notebook Sony Vaio VPCEB4M1E

Intel Core i3-380M / 2.53 GHz

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB

4GB PC3-8500 1066MHz, DDR3 SDRAM

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

No, it's not a top notch system, but I've played many new games on it recently like NFS The Run, Skyrim, Deus Ex Human Revolution and SWTOR Beta.

Why the issue with the FPS now?

Two common suggestions for FPS problems seem to be:

1. if you updated from a BETA version of the game, uninstall that and download + install the proper retail version of the game - some things changed significantly and beta -> retail updating through the launcher seems to break performance

2. the game defaults to low settings, but many people have noticed that those defaults don't seem to perform as 'low' - try raising your graphics settings to all High, hit Apply and then change them back to lower values. This seems to boost performance tremendously for a lot of people, indicating that the defaults are... screwy somehow.

Hi there!

There is an active discussion topic for issues with lag/performance:

Too laggy to move/fight

You may also want to check out these two guides for increasing performance on your computer:

*Ultimate* Desktop PC Performance Guide

Ultimate Guide to speeding up Win 7 on low/mid range systems

In the interest of consolidating discussion, we have closed this thread and ask that you use the one linked above for any further discussion. Thank you!