Juggernaut vs Marauder DPS 2.0

hunterraaze

I'm just curious, about this, as I want to make a DPS warrior. And when I say DPS, I am not including Smash tree. This is from a PvE standpoint, but I will occasionally be playing some PvP. Looking at the trees, it looks like the Juggernauts will be out performing the Marauders. But I just want to make sure. Thanks, in advanced.

I'm just curious, about this, as I want to make a DPS warrior. And when I say DPS, I am not including Smash tree. This is from a PvE standpoint, but I will occasionally be playing some PvP. Looking at the trees, it looks like the Juggernauts will be out performing the Marauders. But I just want to make sure. Thanks, in advanced.

Nah, the marauders will still outperform the juggs. The gap will just be smaller this time.

With no information to back it up? Stay off the forums, and go get carried n00b.

The information is already out there. I'm assuming that there is some history between you and the guy you quoted, but still.

While I will certainly acknowledge that the Vengeance parse linked isn't a peak parse, the number disparity between the two classes is quite obvious. Then, you factor in group utility, where the Marauder wins hands down. Vengeance will be (as it has been) more than viable (and I personally find it more enjoyable), but it does not, and probably will not, match what Marauders are capable of.

On a side note: Rage is certainly worth at least considering with 2.0, at least on a pure numbers standpoint. It's a low effort rotation that provides similar numbers to Vengeance on single targets, with a huge growth potential for multiple targets (such as you find in several fights in S&V).

• 7 months later...

I would choose a Jug over Mara , for PVE reasons (mostly). Being able to spec into 'Tanking' is really helpful and reduces the time you'll wait for a Group. Then again , playing a Mara in either (PvP or PvE) is a lot easier then playing a Jug. Mara main job , keeping Healers bussy . Bursting ppl down before they even got a chance to 'think' their next move.As a Mara , you always want to keep an eye on your CDs , since you got less surv compared to Jugs , you'll need to think your next move through. Mara rotation is pretty simple (depending on wich skill Tree you choose) compared to Jug (specially Veng tree). While ppl say Jug is superior to Mara( wich is not true ) because of Taunts + Guard , etc. I would say , both are equal in their own way (Jug Taunt + Guard, Mara group buffs + good burst). As a Healer I would love to have a Mara instead of Jug , just to simple Burst ppl down that target me, instead of having Guard (wich not always helps , it s only a % amount of dmg reduction , so I'll still take dmg , while a Mara can easily burst the target down) So yea , both are good , as said I pref Jug more because of the Tank tree.

Played both , like both . 2 Different playstyles , everything depends if you want to be a 'Meat Shield' go Jug, if you want to be a 'cannon' go Mara.