In need of advice

Ulfrik_Wulfgar

Hello, I'm new to TOR. Well, I played a year ago but due to appalling customer service wanting me to pay international phone rates for support, I started an entirely new account. Anyway, what I need advice on is the best way to get some PvP experience/commendations under my belt. It seems the best rated/best looking armour/gear is obtained through PvP so I want to start working on this. Since I'm not yet sure what character I'm going to use as my "main" (if indeed there is such a thing in this game) so I haven't looked at joining a guild.

The problem I have is the only people I have come across have either ran away and out run me when close to death or ambush me right after I've finished mopping up some NPCs on a mission and have low health. I don't mind fighting, I just want a fight on fair terms were winning or loosing is on the balance of player skills rather than the player's health bar. So could someone please advise me on the best route for PvP experience, please?

I may have interpreted your post wrong, but it seems to be like you are just going for open world pvp?

Haven't you tried going into war zones? That's where you get the comms from, also doing PVP dailies from the combat training section on the station.

Ok wel here hope this helps you get oriented.

1. Open World PvP: Broken. After ilum died no more. Tatooine has a place called outlaw's den you can open world PvP but it's empty most of the time.

2. Warzones, Pre-50: These all players in these warzones get a boost so a level 10 will have lvl 49 stats so gear doesn't matter as much but a higher leveler has a advantage still with the more abilities. These are relitively easy I think less ppl know what they are doing.

3. Warzones, Lvl. 50: At level 50 gear is huge. When you get to 50 go to the PvP quest terminal to get free PvP gear, Recruit gear. It helps to get started but against the other gear sets, (Battlemaster and War Hero) It is very hard unless you're skilled. BtW Do NOT BUY BATTLEMASTER OR WAR HERO GEAR RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IN PATCH 1.6 THEY ARE DITCHING BATTLEMASTER AND MAKING WAR HERO WAYYYY CHEAPER!!! lol just btw... dont waste comms...