View Single Post

Aurbere
03.14.2013 , 05:34 PM | #482
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
What?

If G0-T0 says "Hey look everybody! You know that one series of assassin droid, you know, the most dangerous in our galaxy? Yeah, I've actually been mass producing those for years! Anyone want out?" I think that's gonna make people think twice about betraying G0-T0.

They have no idea what Traya's assassins are, and frankly they seem more like a myth than anything. The threat of HKs is all too real and something underworld figures know to fear.
While G0-T0 can make his own people fear him, he can't do the same to Traya's forces. Traya on the other hand can make the Exchange fear her (or at least her assassins).

The threat you can't see is greater than the threat you can, in this battle at least. The 'anonymity' of the Assassins is a boon to the fear factor in my opinion. You don't know where they are, you don't know what they are, and they could kill you at anytime. That would certainly freak me out.

In addition to this, the fact that G0-T0 could use the HKs as a tool for intimidation makes betraying him sound like a more beneficial prospect. Not many people like to be ruled by an Iron Fist, especially criminals. If G0-T0 starts going around saying "Work for me or die!" people won't respond well. Like you and Garfield have noted in the past, criminals and underworld types want to be free. If G0-T0 starts putting pressure on them, guys like Visquis will be easier to recruit for Traya. All she has to do is say that the Sith will leave the Exchange be if Visquis/other Exchange cohort helps her take down G0-T0. And Traya is quite the manipulative witch, convincing a few criminals shouldn't be too difficult for someone like her.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."