View Single Post

Tamanous
02.16.2013 , 04:18 PM | #94
I've played most classes to around 30 to at least gather a feel for them.

For my taste this is what I found:

Assassin/shadow: I keep hearing how god they are. I have attempted to level one of these 4 times! Each time I get to a little over 20 and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... stop playing it.

All BH/Troopers: Have a 30+ Commando and every tree annoys me. I find them boring and with gimmicky rotations. Van/PT's are supposed to faceroll everyone and I have tried to level one 3 times. Every time I start their rotations from any tree and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... stop playing it.

Marauder: Honestly their rotations are somewhat interesting but to me they feel too selfish in their game play. They have a ton of powers that are only effective in melee range. If I want to help others far away it's wait for leap or nothing else. Perhaps it's just me but if I don't have range in a class it bores me to death. I also prefer non-force using classes because sci-fi to me is about tech and not playing a fantasy magic user. Same goes for Sorcs as I have never leveled one past early teens. I'm not saying there aren't tactics to melee combat. I'm just saying that you only need to stick to a very few basics and you have most of the tactics down. There is only so much you can do within 4m.

Ops/scoundrels: Honestly an Op was my main. I like them but the current state of the class is game is too annoying to deal with. Hopefully the upcoming changes will do something but I highly doubt they will ever be wanted more than just healing.

Sniper/slinger: My new favorite class. Not just in this game but possible any mmo I have ever played (not saying Swtor is my fav ... just the class). Who ever designed this class is genius although I am sure it was a compilation of ideas. It is just pure fun with it's complexity. When you have a range of 30-40m with most powers you can do so many thing at all times. Range has a lot to do with the enjoyment as I become interested the more complex combat is. A melee class has very little use of knowing what is around them in an 70-80m radius once they engage. They have limited tools for preemptive actions. This bores me. To be a good slinger you must know where every person on battlefield is at all times and react to them before they can react to you. This is a bit part of why I find the class so entirely fun.