View Single Post

Surinen
02.15.2013 , 10:53 AM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by jovianus View Post
Do you actually read the dialogue options or do you just look for the DS symbol and click? Because in my experience, especially when it comes to the Force User storylines, LS and DS choices tend to be incredibly simplistic and have nothing really to do with the end goals.

Sith DS choices tend to be less about ruthless quests for power and more 'lol I'm a psychopath, I'll get around to conquering the Empire after I go out of my way to set that puppy on fire and kick it around for a while.'. Similarly Jedi seem to be perfectly okay with the Republic going down in flames, as long as they can stand on the burning wreckage and give a longwinded speech about the Jedi Code and resisting the temptation of the Dark Side.

From what I've seen, Smugglers seem to be the only ones who can get away with pure LS/DS paths while still being believable characters/not being reduced to caricatures.
I do not have DS symbol visible so I'm unable to search for it. Considering that highly functioning psychopaths with big intellectual potential are apex predators and superior to any other men then I do not have a problem with my Sith obliterating those who posses lesser power/are meaningless. also I do not really remember quests like that, everything that is connected with DS can be explained with strategic and tactic thinking. I fully understand that currently it is vastly popular among weak people to advertise their soft ways as "smart" and profitable "in the long run" but a lot of these LS choices are simply bad, time waste and risk outweights possible profits ( considering how unimportant some people we kill are ). DS is self/empire serving with pragmatic approach - and there cannot be LS Sith in other form than formal as Sith presented on list of existing Sith. to be a Sith one needs to consume light
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.