View Single Post

jovianus
02.14.2013 , 01:45 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
my characters have no interest in light sided options, these are mostly irrational and driven by a "moral" weakness. honor is just another word that people throw to put delusional restrictions on themselves - there is only goal and there is no mercy. also, it shoukd never be used together "light sided" and Sith as Sith cannot be a lightsider in a different than formal way.
Do you actually read the dialogue options or do you just look for the DS symbol and click? Because in my experience, especially when it comes to the Force User storylines, LS and DS choices tend to be incredibly simplistic and have nothing really to do with the end goals.

Sith DS choices tend to be less about ruthless quests for power and more 'lol I'm a psychopath, I'll get around to conquering the Empire after I go out of my way to set that puppy on fire and kick it around for a while.'. Similarly Jedi seem to be perfectly okay with the Republic going down in flames, as long as they can stand on the burning wreckage and give a longwinded speech about the Jedi Code and resisting the temptation of the Dark Side.

From what I've seen, Smugglers seem to be the only ones who can get away with pure LS/DS paths while still being believable characters/not being reduced to caricatures.