View Single Post

BeToo
02.14.2013 , 11:33 AM | #3
Just ignore the hate - just see if you personally like it.

I, for one, usually don't like flimsy stories within games, and would rather just "get on with it" rather than "watching cut scenes" ... but SWTOR has been different for me. It really can be a fun ride of stories, relationships (you to quest givers as well as companions, etc) and such.

So, does SWTOR have issues, of course. Any piece of software will have bugs and such, and they're never fixed as fast as you'd like. And at times the creative team might differ from you as direction/path the game goes. But overall, I find I really like taking on the different personas of my many alts as they become their own person. Past level 50, the personas you've crafted fade to the background, and it becomes more like the endgame grind I normally don't enjoy very much. But others will find that this is the best part of the game, and stories/leveling is blah.

So please, give it a try and see if it's for you. I think the very silent majority who play the game do enjoy it a lot, even though there are normal game-play annoyances/bugs/etc that you just live with. They're not nearly as bad as people cry about on the forums.