View Single Post

AlixMV's Avatar

01.17.2013 , 03:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Telanis View Post
It's not a fixed 20% per player, it's 20% overall. Seeing stats for yourself wouldn't help because for every time you have a streak that "shows" a 10% chance, someone else has a streak that "shows" a 30% chance.

Purely luck-based systems are bad from a user perspective but that doesn't mean they're broken.
^^^^ This.

Basically imagine that every time you RE something, it's rolling a random number 1-5. You have to get a '1' for it to RE.

The probability of RE'ing 20 things and not learning a schematic is pretty small, but it doesn't change the fact that probability each time you RE of being 1-in-5 chance.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Jazhi