Operative Skills

Talon_Starfire

Armstech is probably the worst crew skill you can get if your trying to make money. If your looking for better barrels for custom grade weapons then go for it. But your not going to make much money (if any) on Prototype (blue) barrels although you can make money on the Artifact (purple) barrels but not as much as other professions, in my opinion.

Biotech has too much competition, but if you pay attention to the GTN you can make an ok amount of money on low level implants.

Cybertech and Artifice make the most money of all my crafters.

You can do decent on lower level armor from both Synthweaving and Armormech also.

Of course if your an alt-aholic like I am, you'll have one of each crafting class plus some slicers/gatherers. With all 6 crafting classes plus one slicer, I keep all my characters and companions geared better then what I can get off the drops unless I get a rare purple drop. And even then my blue gear is sometimes better. Plus I can add Augments to all my gear that I make myself.

Armstech is probably the worst crew skill you can get if your trying to make money. If your looking for better barrels for custom grade weapons then go for it. But your not going to make much money (if any) on Prototype (blue) barrels although you can make money on the Artifact (purple) barrels but not as much as other professions, in my opinion.

Biotech has too much competition, but if you pay attention to the GTN you can make an ok amount of money on low level implants.

Cybertech and Artifice make the most money of all my crafters.

You can do decent on lower level armor from both Synthweaving and Armormech also.

Of course if your an alt-aholic like I am, you'll have one of each crafting class plus some slicers/gatherers. With all 6 crafting classes plus one slicer, I keep all my characters and companions geared better then what I can get off the drops unless I get a rare purple drop. And even then my blue gear is sometimes better. Plus I can add Augments to all my gear that I make myself.

I'm more concerned with keeping gear upgraded than credits & have Cybertech on my Assassin so should I take Artifice for gun crystal upgrades?

Thanks

There isn't really a "correct" crew skill for a class, some might be marginally more effective but not enough to worry about. For example Doing synthweaving on an agent may be a bit of a poor match up but chances are you can craft and sell gear to make enough money that you could buy your gunsand barrels anyway .

The drops and commendations are good enough while leveling that you won't need to do much self outfitting but personally I think it's fun to make may own gear so I have alts doing all crew skills anyway. Which class doing which isn'ta concern .

The only thing I'd avoid with the agent is synthweaving because you can't use the gear directly (but Vector can) still I make enough money on synthweaving that I could buy all I need so whatever. Any other crew skill is at least partially useful.

There isn't really a "correct" crew skill for a class, some might be marginally more effective but not enough to worry about. For example Doing synthweaving on an agent may be a bit of a poor match up but chances are you can craft and sell gear to make enough money that you could buy your gunsand barrels anyway .

The drops and commendations are good enough while leveling that you won't need to do much self outfitting but personally I think it's fun to make may own gear so I have alts doing all crew skills anyway. Which class doing which isn'ta concern .

The only thing I'd avoid with the agent is synthweaving because you can't use the gear directly (but Vector can) still I make enough money on synthweaving that I could buy all I need so whatever. Any other crew skill is at least partially useful.

Thanks

Read this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=132015

BTW I make most of my money with an Armstech alt > purple barrels for "all" levels & lvl 49 purple augments. Because all people "hate" Armstech, the crafting missions for researched materials (investigation) are so darn cheap that your profit margin for the barrels is quite good and the overkill & fortitude augments are very much sought after.

You should at least have one Armtech alt as you will have "fresh" barrels all the time while leveling.

As for slicing: it's a good skill to make "fast" money but you will need scavenging for crafting either barrels (investigation) or augments (slicing), so if you don't have another alt to gather scavenged materials you should take scavenging at least while leveling (dropping it for slicing later on is no prob as getting slicing to 400 by sending your alts on missions takes about one afternoon and crit-ing you'll get lots of crafting missions & some schematics that way).

Edited by ConnorSalak