View Single Post

Maaruin
12.31.2012 , 04:02 PM | #9
Seeking knowledge has limits. The Jedi who later became the Sith used the Dark Side of the Force to experiment with life. And I bet that's not that pleasent for the test subject. (One might try to justify it if it is for the greater good, like testing medicine or even testing poisons to warn people better. But that wasn't the case. They just wanted to know how much you could manipulate life.) And since we know they created some kinds of zombies, it's safe to assume they used sentients.

So if someone says: "Hey, maybe we could use the dark side to create zombies. Let's try it." I wouldn't be on his side. The Jedi Order tried to forbid it, but they just continued doing it. Only then the Jedi started to use force.

(That's the Second Great Schism, the one that created the Sith. The First Great Schism was more complicated and there the Jedi might have been wrong.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall