View Single Post

natashina
12.28.2012 , 12:05 AM | #4546
Final thought on this manner:

Detractors may disagree with this content, but they are consistent in their arguments. They don't also claim to be any sort of ally, but they usually remain respectful. For the most part, I don't mind having a chat with them.

When there is continuous signs of vast inconsistencies of a person's stance, that is a form of trolling. When a person keeps trying to find ways to demean a subject despite facts otherwise, I call them out on it.

Ask anyone here. I'm usually very careful not to call "troll" just because someone disagrees with me. I did call someone a troll recently, but that was more for just coming in and posting two words without contributing a dang thing. I reported their post.

I don't report every troll post I see either. That what ignore lists are for. However, anyone that is being blatantly insulting, crass or just vile gets reported by me every time. Thankfully, that hasn't happened in this thread recently very much, and I haven't reported much more than that one post here for a couple of weeks. One particular poster got reported left and right, but they were one of the truly nasty trolls that love to be as outrageously insulting as they could.

Trolls do nothing to contribute to the main topic of the thread. I'm going to emphasize again that this is for clarity on the content that was promised and an update on their current status. Not the, "Give tired excuses as to why BioWare should exclude and shouldn't even speak up about this content," thread.

There, I'm done with that. Back on topic!

So, BioWare, any chance you want to end this whole debacle and just talk to the players? It's more obvious by the day that you need to. I don't care if you are scared or not. I don't care if SGRs cause more controversy or not. A simple, "it's on hold for the foreseeable future" or "it's still coming, but no ETA," would more than suffice. It needs to come from Jeff Hickman or Courtney Woods directly, in a public view.

I still will never understand why asking for an update is so taboo. On content that was promised.

Yeesh.