View Single Post

Autorch
12.27.2012 , 08:04 AM | #17
Here's that other reply I said I'd make. BTW I also agree with the above poster on the ability to share gear across Legacy. That may be a bug that they decided to call a feature, but I think it should be a full-on feature for subscribers.

Some ideas to make crafting more relevant for those who don't have access to the highest raiding tier stuff:

Armstech:
Can make BOE mainhand/offhand combos that have a 2-piece set bonus to them.
Can make up to rating 136 (Columi) BOE gear for others.
Can make 2 rating 140 (Rakata) gear for self--weapon and offhand.

Synthweaving:
Can make BOE belt/bracers combos that have a 2-piece set bonus to them.
Can make up to rating 136 (Columi) BOE gear for others--all products.
Can make 2 rating 140 (Rakata) gear for self--belt and bracers (can already do this, no real change needed).

Armormech:
Can make BOE belt/bracers combos that have a 2-piece set bonus to them.
Can make 2 rating 140 (Rakata) gear for self--belt and bracers (can already do this, no real change needed).
Can make the 23-26 series barrels, either learned from trainer or RE'd for.

Artifice:
Can make no-alignment-required relics ranging from 1-50.
Can make BOE relic pairs that have a 2-piece set bonus to them.
Can make 2 rating 140 (Rakata) gear for self--relics (can already do this, no real change needed).
Can make the 23-26 series hilts and enhancements, either learned from trainer or RE'd for.
Can RE Cartel Market color crystals to learn schematics.

Cybertech:
Can make up to rating 136 (Columi) BOE gear for others.
Can make the 23-26 series mods and armorings, either learned from trainer or RE'd for.
[Cybertech already has grenades for self, as well as all the new droid and ship parts schematics, plus vehicles. No further changes are warranted IMO; if they simply got more of what they can already do, they'd be fine. ]

Biochem:
Can make up to rating 136 (Columi) BOE implants for others.
Can make implant pairs that have a set bonus.
[No further change. Already has the full suite of Rakata stims and adrenals they can make for self, as well as the Exo schematics for others.]

Admittedly these changes would put the Mission Support Vendors for modifications largely out of business, but so what. They're basically out of business anyway, as they're in the same boat as crafters--the game is handing you better stuff for free or very little play to get, so why would you blow dailies on those items. Those vendors need to start selling better poop or get another job.