View Single Post

Kubernetic
12.19.2012 , 01:17 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Variden View Post
Rise of the Hutt Cartel...EAware's shifted focus unto the newly introduced ingame Cartel Market, the cynical side of me sees this as some sort of devious opportunity for EA/ware to make some extra cash via tie ins to the actual cash store.

InB4 Hutt Pleasure Barge replica speeder introduced to cash shop for 50$, (per character, not account based, I may add.)

Anyways, the one subject regarding the Star Wars universe that I have simply no interest in, is the subject matter regarding Hutts. They're simply not that interesting to me, never have been. My personal opinion, of course.

Giant, bloated, interstellar mafia running space grubs. Oooh, fascinating!
Color me crazy, but I highly doubt this new planet was designed specifically for the F2P switch. I'd wager this was already on their "story bible" for the game and had already been in production before the game launched, at least in terms of VO and world design. I think it's pretty clear that they are still tweaking and finishing the build on it, but I am pretty sure they haven't chosen some giant shift in the direction of the story.

This stuff was all already worked out and plotted in advance.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tékay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...