View Single Post

CommanderKeeva
12.10.2012 , 05:23 PM | #1748
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeffor View Post
Wow almost a year later and I a can't believe more people aren't sick of these warzones. I always hope that I will come back and hear that people have stopped running them in favor of world PVP. I can dream I guess. They just get so old and I can't imagine premades full of players that have been running these for a year. I hope they get PVP right in this game someday. Warzones?! Blech. I've had enough thank you.
Well OWPvP isn't likely to return until they figure out a way to balance factions somehow. Having 15 Reps fight against 70 Imps was what killed it ine the first place. We're not asking for perfect balance but we're asking for a reasonable limit per faction. You're always somewhat under/overpowered in OWPvP but 3 almost full Imperial ops groups against 1 partial Republic one (pretty much the situation on our server on Ilum in January) is just too much.

Also, if you remember those zergfests back in January, melee classes are completely useless in such a situation. You have two giant mobs shooting and throwing lightning at each other, while the melee are standing around idly doing nothing. If they get too close to the enemy mob, they're pulled in instantly and jumped by dozens of people.

So yeah as much as I love large scale open world PvP battles, it wouldn't be feasible until they address these issues:

1. Massive faction imbalance
2. Melee uselessness in mob fights
3. Hero Engine can't handle a lot of people in the same place, FPS drastically drops for the majority of the players

Conclusion: OWPvP is a buggy, imbalanced zergfest in this game that you can enjoy watching one frame at a time.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?