View Single Post

SturmUndSterne
12.04.2012 , 12:15 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by gwek View Post
I appreciate the suggestions... I should be clear, though, that I'M one of those lazy people. When I hit level 50, I may play through each operation once or twice to get a feel for the story, but I don't really have a desire to do the same operation over and over and over again. I don't even know what Black Hole equipment is!

It seems like without repeating a ton of Operations and Flashpoints (not currently on my to-do list), my best bet is trying to reverse-engineer to purple versions of the level 22 items. Is that about the size of it?

The Rakata Relics require a Biometric Crystal Alloy. What's my easiest route to one of those? Do I need to earn it myself, or can it be bought on the GMO?
There are several issues with your plan, unfortunately.

First, the purple level 22 items are basically useless, as people can craft purple level 24, 25, 26 and 27 items at this point. Spending time and effort to get those schems isn't worth it when a single hardmode flashpoint will get you better gear than that (23 tionese, 24 columi, or their non-set-bonus equivalents).

A bio alloy drops in every single hardmode flashpoint from the end boss and usually off the bonus boss.

If you don't want to grind ops or flashpoints, you don't want to grind dailies either, so you're not going to make a ton of credits. You can buy any 26 or 27 enhancement or hilt off the GTN, equip it into your gear, remove it, and then reverse-engineer for that 20% chance, but if you don't have the credits or the mats, there's not much point.

The only thing I can see you doing, if you're (by your own words) lazy, that's worth hardly any cash at all is to get the veracity shield generator schematics and sell those for companions, but that's very much a trickle.