View Single Post

Stradlin
11.30.2012 , 02:56 AM | #19
I actually and completely caught myself by surprise by really enjoying The Old Republic: Deceived written by Paul Kemp. It is excellent fan service for SWTOR fanboy. Provides good heap of additional depth to Malgus. Takes place during sacking of Coruscant. It is quite well written and none of the main characters are horrible - this is pretty much highest form of praise one can give to any EU book yeah?;p

I remember trying to read (.. or listen rather, I do exclusively audiobooks when it comes to stuff like this) three other TOR books, 2 of them being by Drew Karpyshyn. Revan, Annihilation and some third one. These I thought were all thoroughly terribad and should be avoided at all costs if at all possible. At least Annihilation was pure SW:TOR fan service though, so it might give some thrills in our context I dunno.

I can't even get through the much loved Thrawn trilogy by Zahn so I recon I'm overly picky with this stuff. Speaking of which, I'm under impression there is some sort of consensus according to which Thrawn Trilogy is easily the best Star Wars literature one can hope to find so that prolly is a very good place to start as well.

..But yeah, since we all are SWTOR people here and all, it is quite easy to recommend The Old Republic: Deceived.