Thread: Comeback?
View Single Post

mokkh
11.28.2012 , 10:11 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Arvaliz View Post
Hello Mokkh and thanks for your reply,

i played my jedi sage as a healer, or at least put my talentpoints where people told me a healer would put them wile leveling up and sadly it did not work out for me. Mobs went down too slow to really make a difference.

In any event I read through your post and it made me wonder: you mentoined you never really bothered equipping the other companions and to tell the truth I didn't even know that you'd normally do that...
In only used Quinn and Qyzen the whole time, so I tried to keep both of them equipped by picking the quest-rewards for them. Is it common to switch out companions in the higher levels or is it just something "optional" for those who want to try out everyone?

It seems like I missed out on more than just a few things in this forum while reading through the others...
Right now my tendency goes towards a Commando, simply because I believe the Republic leaves you more ways of actually expressing your opinion than the Empire does. I dont like getting shocked with lightning just because I told a Sith his face lookes like a wookies... back...

Anyway still open for suggestions the more the merrier!
Sincerely,
Arvalis
With respect to your question on companions, on both my healers I ran with the melee tank companion until I got melee dps; that would be Akaavi for smuggler and Ashara for inquisitor due to the issue you stated about speeding up kill times. Some people prefer range dps comps but again, its going to depend on your playstyle.

The one I was specifically mentioning was for the Agent only, because I've got a sympathetic soft spot for Kaliyo's character. The Sith Empire chewed my guy up and spit him out and he used that as an impetus to work against them. There's plenty of wiggle room to go against each faction in an RP sense but you will have to face the consequences (like getting shocked). It makes the reckoning that much more satisfying story-wise.

My tank toons are all shackled to the healer companion, with dps I could mix up the variety a bit more but you gotta be no top of each combat situation; i.e. I don't just use one catch-all rotation, I have specific ways I handle groups of 2,3, or 4+ mobs as well as emergency "oh crap" things I fall back on when things get out of control. I've been playing these types of games for a long time though so I have plenty of experience elsewhere to draw from.

Rule #1 of MMORPGs: You will die, a lot. Don't take it hard and give up so that you can learn to not die.
Rule #2 of MMORPGs: see Rule 1.

-Mokkh