View Single Post

veyl
11.28.2012 , 06:10 PM | #28
"Our primary focus for the Space Missions in Star Wars™: The Old Republic has always been to make the player feel like they were taking part in the much larger Star Wars struggle, while still playing a pivotal and individual role in an encounter’s success. With that in mind, we are going to be introducing a number of new Heroic missions in Game Update 1.6 for both Imperial and Republic players available at level 50."

The space portion of the game is still on rails... so no. You still don't make the player feel like its any part of some major conflict. Instead, you make them feel like they're on a roller coaster ride. If you would've listened to the player base during beta about how ****** a minigame it was to even include (since it was a SLAP IN THE FACE to any star wars gamer), maybe this update would've had a -real- impact.

I've played the new missions, I applaud that you made it much faster paced then the earlier versions... HOWEVER. It's still on rails and destroys the actual fun of dog fighting.

Until you wake up and get the space end of the game off rails, make it cooperative, add in gigantic space battles (though I forsee that turning into ilum part 2... that's the faith I have in the development team)... You will not win over anyone.