Alright so first Iíll be giving a short overview of the idea and then specify some things afterwards. However, let me start out by saying that I'll consider altering things based on feedback.
Class name: Fallen Jedi / Redeemed Sith.
Class story: 1 chapter.
Starting Level: 40.
Now we've heard a lot of complains that you cannot change from republic to empire, and one of the reasons why you cannot have been that it wouldn't fit with your character's story. However, why not make the change a part of the story? Make a whole new class based on this idea, a jedi falling or a sith being redeemed. Now I thought to myself, what would the main problems be with this?
1) We already have 2 ways of playing a force user, therefore, it would be hard to make one more.
2) It is hard to make a whole class story staring the fall.
3) It would require a lot of resources to craft another class story.
1) A way to make the force user experience different could be by using an exotic and really seen weapon, the forcewhip: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightwhip
That should be able to present some interesting middle range combat, that might differentiate a lot from the current classes if executed correctly.
Know characters who've used these unique weapons would be Lumiya and Githany.
2) Do like World of Warcraft did with the Death Knight, allow the character to start in a higher level, if you already have a character who have passed or is that level.
3) Since you start in level 40 you're chapter it starts where the other player's chapter 3 would. This limit the resources Bioware/EA would have to put into it.
How would starting in one faction and ending in another work?
Simple, the Fallen Jedi would be an imperial class and the Redeemed Sith would be a republic class. Story wise however you would start on the different faction and visit places like Coruscant on the Fallen jedi and Korriban on the Redeemed Sith etc.
Well through the use of instances ofc. It has in fact already been done in one of the class stories:
Let me know what you think of the idea, leave a comment :-)