View Single Post

ReiKai
11.19.2012 , 07:47 AM | #19
Clearly you're misunderstanding. Plot Protection keeps a character from being killed until a certain point. And, btw, if Malgus died on Alderaan then he wouldn't have appeared on Coruscant during the Sacking. Things like this are used to maintain Continuity. However, such is Irrelevant here because this is not a story written within the confines of the SWU. It is a hypothetical scenario falling outside of the Story which prevents such characters from being offed.

For example, Obi-Wan was protected by Plot in Ep1 when fighting Maul. Maul had the upper hand and clearly would've (should've) won and killed Obi-Wan. However, since they needed to preserve continuity, PIS were induced to allow Maul's defeat. That would be Plot Induced Stupidity. Which generally involves making a character act out-of-character. It's what keeps villains from offing heroes and makes them give long-winded monologues instead of just getting the job done. PIS/CIS is a constant tool in fiction for the sake of story development and keeping certain characters around until they are no longer needed.

However, once more, such a thing does not apply here. And Grievous' cowardice is not a special power. Malgus surviving Satele's Force Blast is more evidence of how tough he is, and it was the reason for his respirator.
CE Owner: ...what? I wanted the music. I like music.
Statement: SGRA's - I support them. Do you have a problem with that, Meatbag?