View Single Post

stringcat
11.19.2012 , 03:13 AM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Ranked is a place for 8 man premades to run against each other. You enter the queue, fight whichever team is in there, then get your rewards. That's "Getting in the RIng."

What they're doing is more akin to the neighborhood kids hijacking your state's official baseball field for a pick up game of catch.

Now to tone is down a notch (cause ranked isn't major league baseball), I think it's fine for people to use the "field" if they can't find a legit opponent and want to get some matches in, but if a legit team is in there waiting for opponents, it's pretty crappy to dodge them (exploiting the system).
Eh. They're using the system for what they want to do (competitive matches). I don't see that as an "exploit." Fighting against a team of friends that you know is about the same strength as your team is still a "legit" match. Arguably, it is in fact more legitimate by virtue of actually being competitive. Ranked wasn't intended to be a game in which the server-best team stomped everyone else -- there's a matchmaking element intended to balance teams. No one has fun doing uneven stomps. (Or at least, I hope the server-best team isn't lame enough to enjoy that.) That element is broken, because there aren't enough ranked teams. Your team is not intended by BW to engage in such uneven matches. Arranged matches fix what's broken about the ranked system.

I wouldn't queue dodge -- it's a bit rude, because the other team has to wait out the match or lose ranking, which some people care about. Also, my epeen demands that I face bruising losses stoically. But it's hardly an "exploit."
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion