View Single Post

Larry_Dallas
11.19.2012 , 02:49 AM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
Stop looking at mara's and powertechs for a few minutes. Look at snipers...
No, it's not a QQ thread, because I have 4 toons valor 60+ and a sniper valor 52.

Let's look at the defensive abilities sniper's have.

- Cover - You cant jump him.

- Entrench - immune of ALL control abilities, lasts 20 seconds... 20 seconds IMMUNE of all CC's, knockbacks, whatever... Force Shroud lasts 5 secs.. 45 secs cooldown.

- Debilitate - stun the target for 4 seconds, NOT breaks on damage. 45 secs coodown.
- Flashbang - stun the target for 8 seconds, breaks on damage. 1 min cooldown.

- Leg Shot - instant root, lasts 5 seconds, breaks if damage after 2 seconds... He can use leg shot, shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 16 secs cooldown.

- Shield Probe - Absorb damage for 15 seconds. 45 secs cooldown.

- Evasion - dodge melee and ranged atacks by 100% chance, lasts 3 seconds. 1 min cooldown.

- Ballistic Shield - deploys a giant shield reducing the damge taken for you and all allies by 20%, lasts 15 secs. 3 min cooldown.

- Cover Pulse - knocks your target to the moon, AND root 5 seconds. Breaks if damage after 2 seconds, he can shoot you before 2 seconds, you can do nothing and you will wait more 3 seconds until the root finish. 30 secs cooldown.

- Shatter Shot - Reduce the target armor by 20% for 45 secs. Inflicts Trauma for 9 secs and reduce all healing the target receives by 20%. 5 secs cooldown.

- Ambush knockback - Marksmanship has a 1 point talent: When Ambush strikes a target within 10 meters, the target is knocked back several meters.

So 11 defensive tools, a LOT OF damage, you guys know how much hurts each shoot from a sniper. He can kill you in 3 GCD.

Seriously Bioware, this class NEEDS a huge nerf.

"just LOS him"... No, melee class has no gap closer against snipers.
L2P? Ok, roll a melee and try to kill a sniper.

English i'ts not my first language, sorry for mistakes.
Thanks.
Class has a lot of good tools. It also can't get around well at all and is extremely vulnerable whenever it tries to.

Only thing I don't like about the class is that flashbang's a 30m ability. That should, imo, either be a 10m ability or other classes should get their ranged stun back (and fix resolve to what it was, while you're at it). Just my opinion.