View Single Post

Rezakh
11.19.2012 , 02:37 AM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
Dear Bioware,

As a Founder and subscriber, I'm a little dismayed that you are willing to give away so much of the game, that I pay for each month. Dont get me wrong, I like FTP options as I do think they are beneficial to the ongoing development of a game. However, the path you have chosen is unpredented in how much it gives for nothing.

A person can play the entire storyline of every class in the game, on either side of the conflict, without paying a dime! Really? That's a bit much IMO, and sort of a slap to us that pay monthly. As a suggestion I would like to see a more LOTRO type of model where a FTP'r has to buy quest packs and zone unlocks in order to progress. This method allows the FTP'ers a choice in what parts of the game they want to play WITHOUT angering those that pay a monthly subscription.

What you have done here is decide to just give the game away. I trust you know what you are doing here, but I, for one, am not too crazy about it.

Thank you,

Klarick
FOUNDER
This has to be a troll. However, its somewhat convincing, so in the case that you're not:

This game is insanely monetized for F2Pers that its outrageous. Like if I were to tell my son, "here's your free car, from Dad" and its an 80's model Subaru with no axles, wheels, tires, steering wheel, seats, steering column, engine, transmission, or floor board and he has to pay me every time he wants to install a new part, start it, shift gears, change lanes, change speeds, use the turn signal.