Thread: P2W is bad?
View Single Post

CommanderKeeva
11.13.2012 , 02:35 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
WHY?

Yep, a Gear grind QQ thread disguised as a P2W QQ thread!

Give me a reason why pay to win is bad.

PVP MEASURES SKILL! THOSE WITH BETTUR MONEY WINS!
Those with bettur gear wins....

PVP ISN'T SUPPOSED TO MEASURE THE SIZE OF YOUR WALLET
It's also not supposed to measure the number of empty spaces on your calender... which is what allows you to get the gear and therefore win....
REBUTTAL: GEAR DOESN'T NECESSARILY CAUSE AN AUTOMATIC WIN; SKILL IS INVOLVED! THE GEAR GRIND IS JUSTIFIED!
Then so is P2W, since "gear doesn't necessarily cause an automatic win", then any advantage obtained unskillfully via money is analogous to any advantage obtained unskillfully via time sink.... Thus, since I most likely must spell this out for you, if an advantage via time sink is justified, an advantage via micro-transaction must be as well.

GEAR SLAUGHTER DOESN'T ENCOURAGE NEW PLAYERS TO PLAY, THIS GAME IS DYING!
Not only is this off-topic, but the grind right now has a huge gap and also "doesn't encourage new players to play". In other words, your point is invalid!

Find the argument you stick with, and then see how you're irrationally thinking if you support both P2W and the gear grind!

If you cannot find your reasons, then post them so I may invalidate them!
Let me think...

Still thinking....

Wait for it....

NO.

Invalidate this reason:

P2W completely screws up gear progression, takes away all the satisfaction from getting new pieces, would make server firsts completely meaningless and there would be no reason whatsoever to raid or do warzones.

You do endgame content TO acquire new peices of gear. If you're fully min/maxed from day one than the operation/warzone will be trivially easy and won't be any incentive to do it again.

I'm not a huge supporter of the current split gear grind (I want both PvE and PvP to award the exact same type of gear) but I'm a staunch supporter of the idea that nothing should should be gained if you don't do anything.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?