Thread: P2W is bad?
View Single Post

Smashbrother
11.12.2012 , 10:35 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zunayson View Post
WHY?

Yep, a Gear grind QQ thread disguised as a P2W QQ thread!

Give me a reason why pay to win is bad.

PVP MEASURES SKILL! THOSE WITH BETTUR MONEY WINS!
Those with bettur gear wins....

PVP ISN'T SUPPOSED TO MEASURE THE SIZE OF YOUR WALLET
It's also not supposed to measure the number of empty spaces on your calender... which is what allows you to get the gear and therefore win....
REBUTTAL: GEAR DOESN'T NECESSARILY CAUSE AN AUTOMATIC WIN; SKILL IS INVOLVED! THE GEAR GRIND IS JUSTIFIED!
Then so is P2W, since "gear doesn't necessarily cause an automatic win", then any advantage obtained unskillfully via money is analogous to any advantage obtained unskillfully via time sink.... Thus, since I most likely must spell this out for you, if an advantage via time sink is justified, an advantage via micro-transaction must be as well.

GEAR SLAUGHTER DOESN'T ENCOURAGE NEW PLAYERS TO PLAY, THIS GAME IS DYING!
Not only is this off-topic, but the grind right now has a huge gap and also "doesn't encourage new players to play". In other words, your point is invalid!

Find the argument you stick with, and then see how you're irrationally thinking if you support both P2W and the gear grind!

If you cannot find your reasons, then post them so I may invalidate them!
Here's why P2W is bad. If you can buy the best gear with money, then every time a new set of gear comes out, people with tons of money will be able to buy the whole set instantly right off the bat. This will give said players a massive advantage in RWZs. This means any serious pvp guild will be forced to buy the best gear right when it comes out (instead of grinding the gear slowly), in order to be competitive. When you force people to spend money in order to be competitive, that is a problem. Personally, I have integrity issues with P2W, and so do a lot of people. If SWTOR went P2W, I and many other people will stop playing and that's not good for the game in the long term.

Gear grinding has nothing to do with P2W because everyone has to put in the same amount of effort/time in order to acquire the gear. With P2W however, some people might have rich parents who give them plenty of cash, while other kids might not be so lucky. Some people might make minimum wage, while others might make $100+/hour. This is why it's unfair to have P2W. Time on the other hand is the great equalizer. Everyone has the same amount. No more, no less.