View Single Post

Pyrinoos
11.12.2012 , 11:41 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
2nd leap is specced into and is only 15m. Point taken.

I am also and active raider. (I have all dread guard optimised gear besides 1 armoring and have raided from day 1 - now; our guild being 5/5 HM TFB) Good marauders generally don't have a problem keeping up with me. In fact, the one I am raiding with now is usually only 1-2% behind me if not a tad ahead. I don't understand this mele disadvantage that you speak of. Even on the Tron boss where you would think range would have the advantage; they don't. Mele can leap to the cores just as fast as ranged can target them from 30m.

Like I said: there is no such thing as a ranged advantage in SWTOR.
Point taken, but I really wasn't talking about being able to dish damage in an op, but that often it seems the fights have a component that causes melee to take more damage. From gharjs pounce to jarg to all the junk flying out of both ends of karragga, to toth and zorn, to the blue circles that often are under the boss on TFB kephess...
Now all these things are avoidable thru good solid tactics and some experience/common sense but IMO there do seem to be more damaging mechanics close to bosses than far away. Obviously they are trying to fix these with fights like the firebrand and stormcaller, and operator ix in order to balance it out.

By the way thanks for being civil.
<Silent Council> Lamech - Assassin | A'chan - Mercenary
<Berserk> Zillah - PT | Koráh - Sniper
<Project Mayhem> Lamęch - Mara | Sethur - Op | Amalek - Jugg
Slade legacy on The Ebon Hawk