View Single Post

Chaqen
11.06.2012 , 04:25 PM | #5
I currently have 3 dps, 1 tank, and 1 healer at level 50, i have 1 tank in the 20's and a healer in the 30's. But honestly i have stop queing my tank and even my healer in the group finder due to boredom and frustration with the quality of the groups. It wouldnt be to bad if people were willing to learn and admit that they have room to grow, but most of the time the people i get most frustrated with are self-acclaim pros that dont have nothing to learn from another player.

But back to your original question, it could/would benefit the group finder ques for some if you had a tank you played on occasions, but the effect would sorta be a drop of water in the ocean. Que times are still going to be a pain majority of the time, especially since your friends/guildies will want you to tank for them most likely.

There is also the question about personal growth as a gamer, and as a player in swtor. Playing a tank will help you experience the third side of the trinity, and will make you a better healer and dpser. Also if you understand the role of a tank well, and get a fair amount of experience you should be able to contribute more to the development of strategies for new fight (that is if you do progression raiding).

Overall, there really isnt a reason not to try out tanking... i would advise you to level a new toon to 50 though to be your tank instead of just respecing a dps toon. This will give you the chance to develop your skill as a tank, at the same rate your abilities will develop.