View Single Post

Aurbere
10.02.2012 , 10:24 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by fellblade View Post
This was a Very Nice and informative read - I know very little about post ROTJ Star Wars so I learned a few things here

One Thing that I've always found Interesting - is that people always use Sidious killing Vader with Force Lightning as proof of Vader's Extreme Vulnerability to it - However the Scene itself to me Shows Vader has a bit of RESISTANCE to it....

There is not One person that I have seen - that is actually HIT by Sidious' Lightning - that is not immediately Stunned, Knocked Back or Writhing in Agony ASIDE from Vader..... Even Yoda or Mace (Who was killed by it too - the ROTS novel seems to Indicate that Mace Was dead from the lightning before the impact of the fall)
Vader manged to pick Sidious up - Walk with Him While Receiveing a Constant barage of Lightning and then Throw him Down the Shaft....
Anybody else in that Situation would have Probably Spasmed (lost all control of thier motor functions) and Dropped Sidious as Soon as the lightning Touched them - Yes Vader died afterwards but Many would been killed Instantly by the Lightning itself long before that......(to even tell their Son that he redeemed them )
Exactly. Even Yoda was knocked back from the blast of Sidious' Force Lightning. Granted the Lightning coursing through Vader wasn't the most powerful Lightning he could summon, but it was enough to torture Luke Skywalker. Had Vader been weak to Lightning, it would have no doubt killed him. He was already weakened from the duel with Luke Skywalker, the Lightning would have killed him had he been weak to it.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."