Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where the heck is the blaster rifle?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Where the heck is the blaster rifle?

TimeBender
07.15.2012 , 03:29 PM | #141
yeah, i was thinking of a Legacy unlock to give rifles to Hunters/Smugglers and pistols to Troopers/Agents.
i say it'd work.
-------
i shot first

EustaceTrevelyan
02.16.2013 , 07:55 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by Belmedar View Post
BH's will never get blaster rifles because on the Empire side, those are the Agent's domain. Each class on each faction has it's own unique weapon type and that's a good thing because it largely prevents the "Hunter weapon" scenario.

I have to agree with this, even though it would be nice to be able to use whatever you find, this will greatly reduce loot drama. SWTOR is clearly part of MMORPG 3.0, so it's been able to learn from the previous generations, and has clearly made some effort to fix what always sucked, but kept getting coded in because that was the way things were done, and also to reduce things which are kind of a drag, like downtime after a fight (the focus-type skills that replenish hp/resource, for one.)

LordRaeth
02.17.2013 , 03:15 AM | #143
There are rifles with aim though.

hudweiser
02.17.2013 , 12:54 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRaeth View Post
There are rifles with aim though.
Those would be for Vanguards which are the 'Pub side mirror class of Powertechs. You'll see them drop from time to time on the Imp side.

LordRaeth
02.18.2013 , 10:16 AM | #145
I figure if you wanted to be a BH with rifle or even assault cannon roll a Trooper and buy the bounty hunter set off the cartel market.

nDjiin
02.19.2013 , 08:28 AM | #146
They really need to address this - I have no idea why they got a single pistol in the first place.
Kovacs - Powertech Warped - Marauder
Hypnotik - Operative Simulcra - Sniper
Margorach - Sorcerer

hudweiser
02.19.2013 , 10:03 AM | #147
I was thinking some more about this and came to another conclusion that the majority of the BH armor has some sort of jetpack or backpiece. A rifle would really clip with the majority of the BH armor. Perhaps a though the Dev's had when giving the BH a single pistol.
The Ebon Hawk
Veritas
Dukard - Powertech (Shield Tech)
Xekron - Juggernaut (Rage)

TrumpetNut
02.19.2013 , 10:07 AM | #148
About all abilities on Powertech, Vanguard, commando, mercenary, and operative would work great with any "gun weapons" but sniper....Could work but kinda wierd sniping with a tiny pistol?

Godlymuppet
02.19.2013 , 10:11 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by TrumpetNut View Post
About all abilities on Powertech, Vanguard, commando, mercenary, and operative would work great with any "gun weapons" but sniper....Could work but kinda wierd sniping with a tiny pistol?
You do know what the mirror class of the sniper is right?

Gunslinger, it pretty much snipes with a tiny pistol :P
Kilmer 55 Scoundrel
Kralik 55 Gunslinger
Kallik 55 Powertech
Cram your glow sticks up your wazoo

DarthEshla
02.21.2013 , 10:36 PM | #150
to the people that say. You can't use your left hand for flamethrower/rockets/ropes etc.. Did Boba Fett ever have a problem firing his flamethrower while holding his carbin.

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.46841...48758&pid=15.1