Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pre-order and credit card charges

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Pre-order and credit card charges

Archesis
12.13.2011 , 05:26 PM | #1
Hopefully a CSR here can shed some light on this issue both for me as well as others who are in a similar situation.

I pre-ordered SW:TOR back around Aug 16th. I have an active pre-order code on my account. In reviewing bank records today, I noticed that for the purchase, I was only charged $5.00 (when at the time I assumed I paid the full amount). The issue I'm having is that in October, I needed to have a new debit card issued for the account which would obviously entail a new card number. My concern is worrying whether or not this could affect my early access when my card is finally charged. (When will the cards be charged? On release of Dec 20th? or when we receive our early access?)

I purchased through EA-Origins and received two different responses from two different representatives. The first CSR I spoke to told me I had to call my bank and let them know,, and it should be no issue because a pre-auth on the old card was already submitted in August. My bank basically asked me what sort of controlled substance was he on in telling me that? They can't magically unlock a closed card that was closed due to being lost/stolen etc. This makes total sense to me.

The second individual was much more sensible. He stated that what will probably happen, although he can't say for sure, is that even though they can't update the billing info on the order w/ the new card number, when the purchase is placed that I should receive an email asking me to update my information due to a failed authorization. This seems the most likely scenario to happen, but I would appreciate any possible feedback to allay my concerns. Obviously I'm just as excited to jump in and play as everyone else posting, I just don't want to lose one of the perks that enticed me to pre-order to begin with.

Jonpro
12.13.2011 , 06:52 PM | #2
Yeah, since I pre-ordered the game back in July I changed debit cards (and banks), and there's no way to change billing information on Origin.com from what I can tell. I e-mailed support about it, but I have gotten no reply thus far. It would be nice to know how they are handling this sort of situation.

Archesis
12.13.2011 , 06:57 PM | #3
I'm glad I'm not the only one... (rather, I knew I couldn't possibly be the only one, lol). Hopefully we can get this cleared up, but I think the 2nd response I wrote about in my original post will end up being the outcome (I hope!)

ihiTimdogg
12.13.2011 , 07:00 PM | #4
more than likly. unreleated- when my card changed and my netflix tried to go through. It just sent me an email to update my payment method.

llothos
12.13.2011 , 07:03 PM | #5
ordering from origin you were initially charged a $5 preorder fee and then you will be charged the remainder on the day of release...
Member of The Black Hand

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." Mahatma Gandhi,

Archesis
12.13.2011 , 07:43 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by llothos View Post
ordering from origin you were initially charged a $5 preorder fee and then you will be charged the remainder on the day of release...
I'm not debating that. That being said, what I'm wondering about is what will happen when they try to push the remainder of the balance to a card that's been closed... and is it certain it won't be until release on 12/20?