Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Main Assets 1?

Hitsuu
12.28.2011 , 05:52 PM | #1
I was playing just fine last week up until yesterday evening when my play button was greyed out. I waited a little bit and the downloader kicked in and I thought that it was just downloading the latest patch. To my dismay, after it did that it immediately began re-downloading the English Assets 1 file and when that finished I am on the Main Assets 1.

I'm not sure if this is normal or anything but I really don't feel like downloading over 12 gigabytes again at a 160 kb/s rate. Oh and if anyone knows... is Main Assets 1 included in the physical copy of the game? When I first installed it and was playing fine I don't recall ever having downloaded something so large.

Any help would be appreciated, at least to enlighten me on the situation. Its really a shame too cause I've been enjoying myself so far.

KlockTurn
12.28.2011 , 06:00 PM | #2
main assets 1 is what i am downloading atm also, but iv also heard that this download loops soo...fingers crossed
Bottoms Up

Hitsuu
12.28.2011 , 06:03 PM | #3
I'm just wondering why its choosing now to start doing this, I never had a problem when I first installed.

KlockTurn
12.28.2011 , 06:03 PM | #4
i had a complete different account in beta, and dont rember downloading this
Bottoms Up

BrightCandle
12.28.2011 , 06:05 PM | #5
Its an infinite download loop caused by corrupt files published on BioWare's servers. They claim to have fixed it, does it feel fixed to you?

Its a bug in the verification that when a patch fails to install, which it does regularly due to corrupt files the game completely reinstalls itself. The Main Asset 1 file is on the DVD but that doesn't stop the launcher if it fails at any point from just downloading all 18 GB of the game.

What is worse is that because the files are corrupt this is now an infinite loop, you'll likely never get out of this without some help. I'd love to help but BioWare wont let me so for now I would say your screwed and your waiting on CS to fix something that has been a known bug for at least 3 months.
There used to be a repair for launcher problems here, but BioWare Customer Support has banned me from posting the link. My advice is if the launcher does not work is get a refund while you still can.

Hitsuu
12.28.2011 , 06:20 PM | #6
Would a clean install have any chance to make it work or should I chance the download of the main assets 1 file?

BrightCandle
12.28.2011 , 06:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Hitsuu View Post
Would a clean install have any chance to make it work or should I chance the download of the main assets 1 file?
Alas it wont help. The only thing you can do is infinitely download constantly clogging up the download servers until you bring the internet to its knees....or they finally fix it.
There used to be a repair for launcher problems here, but BioWare Customer Support has banned me from posting the link. My advice is if the launcher does not work is get a refund while you still can.